Comments

noFony wrote on 10/22/2002, 9:49 PM
"Zoom in follows with grid (in ruler mark)..."

What does this mean? My timeline zoom appears to be the same in both programs. If you can clarify; Please do.
slcrz wrote on 10/24/2002, 5:30 AM
???
1.Try to set the timeline in bars and beats,
2.Set all quantize and snapping options ON
3.Open a Loop
4.Strech it to fit correct measure,1 or 2 measures depending on ure loop (CTRL+DRAG)
5.zoom in at the end of the loop, u'll see that the loop is not falling on an exact bar number...

then if u try to move the entire event it won't snap perfectly on Bars...

Maybe I'm missing something but It's definitly not acting like ACID Grid, Sorry.
slcrz wrote on 10/24/2002, 5:50 AM
and also How do u want to slice correctly events if the cursor don't snap to bars ???
Sari wrote on 10/24/2002, 6:26 AM
Also in 'Options' make sure that 'Quantize to frames' is not selected.
slcrz wrote on 10/24/2002, 5:02 PM
Indeed,I just found that....but the cursor is still not Snapping to bars...

Something else I can do...
Sari wrote on 10/24/2002, 5:20 PM
I presume you also right clicked just above the timeline and 'Enable Snapping' and 'Grid Snapping' was selected to 'Measures'. Man this one is a toughy. Keep me posted.
noFony wrote on 10/24/2002, 10:20 PM
It seems to me that "snapping" doesn't work exactly the same in Acid and Vegas. In vegas you can still place the cursor anywhere between the grid marks but if you drag it past a grid mark you'll see it "snap" on to it so you can place it there. In ACID when your set to "snap" you can't put the cursor between lines and whenever you move the cursor it only appears on grid lines or event borders.
Anyhow I'm curious why someone would want to use Vegas for loops instead of ACID? Is there even a tempo control in Vegas? I haven't found it -it seems to be defaulted at 124bpm. I'm not really sure why the measures and beats in Vegas? And if your scoring video, ACID supports video. So? Maybe I'm missing something here? :)
slcrz wrote on 10/25/2002, 8:20 PM
DUH !!!

Vegas Strech audio and loops it,wich is what ACID does...
Tempo change is not on the main window in VEGAS but still can be accessed from preferences...

The only thing that VEGAS doesn't do on the fly is pitch shifting,but I don't use it much so...

If you were meaning that the 2 apps are doing similar thing,I totally agree with you and think that SOFO should blend the 2.

If you meant something else, I don't get it...

SLCRZ
noFony wrote on 10/26/2002, 12:23 AM
DUH !!! ( Duh!!!Yourself.)

Vegas Strech audio and loops it,wich is what ACID does...(much better than Vegas)
Tempo change is not on the main window in VEGAS but still can be accessed from preferences...(No, It's under properties)

The only thing that VEGAS doesn't do on the fly is pitch shifting,but I don't use it much so...(no modulation?..er...key changes? hmmm...okay)

If you were meaning that the 2 apps are doing similar thing,I totally agree with you and think that SOFO should blend the 2.(Yes, they both snap to grid lines in slightly different fashion) (I prefer the 2 seperate, just as they are)

If you meant something else, I don't get it...(I meant what I said cause I said what I meant) ;)