what the? help please

tas9195 wrote on 7/3/2007, 11:03 AM
last night i got back on to vegas to attempt to figure it out after a couple of months from not messing with it and i opened a video i had that was downloaded from the internet. when i open the video it is usually opened with realplayer. i opened it into vegas just to practice slicing, deleting, moving, transitions etc....... and when i went back to my documents it said it couldn't find the program needed to open it. real player wouldn't even open it. what would cause this. I don't want to open one of my personal videos I have and have it disappear, please help me if you can.

Comments

Former user wrote on 7/3/2007, 12:07 PM
When Vegas opens a video file, it also creates a corresponding peak audio file. Make sure you are not trying to open that in Realplayer.

Dave T2
tas9195 wrote on 7/3/2007, 1:19 PM
would it be a duplicate of what was there before only in peak audio format? because the file is in the same spot only has the icon that it shows when there is no program linked to the file, and i can't find another file. but that does make sense i just can't figure it out. I will keep trying but would appreciate anymore input. thanks for the help.
rmack350 wrote on 7/3/2007, 3:01 PM
Assuming you don't have windows XP set up to show you file extensions...

Vegas creates peak files of the same name as the media file, and in the same folder. Their extension is .sfk but if you don't have XP configured to show you this then you'll just see a file with the same name as your media but without the icon you expect.

Look around in that folder. Sort by name. You ought to see another file of the same name with the icon you're expecting.

(This is the same thing that Dave was telling you, btw)

Rob Mack
tas9195 wrote on 7/3/2007, 8:26 PM
i figured it out, i searched the whole computer for all files with that name and found it. i was just thrown off for a minute, and it was in the same folder. thanks for the help guys.