Comments

Richard Jones wrote on 11/6/2017, 4:21 AM

Have you looked at he list under the Tutorials heading at the top of this page? It shows a large range of mostly very good tutorials.

Richard

dream wrote on 11/6/2017, 5:12 AM

yes ,but i cant find more ,like experts (pro's) who takes editing to the next level,i also search youtube tut but i thats not enough for me,in other words i have seen all.

Dexcon wrote on 11/6/2017, 5:57 AM

Most NLE/plug-in corporate tutorials understandably explore the capabilities of their own products' functions, which is really helpful if you have that NLE or those plug-ins. But there's not much point in applying the lessons learnt from watching a Boris BCC10/Mocha OFX plugin if you don't have, or have no intention of getting BCC10 OFX for use in Vegas Pro. Yes, you'll learn a lot, but you won't be able to apply it in your editing.

If you're unable to find what you're looking for via tutorials, perhaps explore the possibility of taking an advanced editing course at an educational institution if any are available near you. However, there is a likelihood that such a course may be NLE specific such as Premier or Avid, maybe not Vegas Pro. But if the course is based on techniques rather than how to use a specific NLE, it might be worthwhile.

BTW, you say, ' to the next level, you know" - unfortunately, I don't know. What level are you looking for: a level just beyond cut/dissolve/fade, or a level where you're trying to re-create the opening titles to True Detective or the like.

Last changed by Dexcon on 11/6/2017, 6:05 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

dream wrote on 11/6/2017, 6:10 AM

Most NLE/plug-in corporate tutorials understandably explore the capabilities of their own products' functions, which is really helpful if you have that NLE or those plug-ins. But there's not much point in applying the lessons learnt from watching a Boris BCC10/Mocha OFX plugin if you don't have, or have no intention of getting BCC10 OFX for use in Vegas Pro. Yes, you'll learn a lot, but you won't be able to apply it in your editing.

If you're unable to find what you're looking for via tutorials, perhaps explore the possibility of taking an advanced editing course at an educational institution if any are available near you. However, there is a likelihood that such a course may be NLE specific such as Premier or Avid, maybe not Vegas Pro. But if the course is based on techniques rather than how to use a specific NLE, it might be worthwhile.

BTW, you say, ' to the next level, you know" - unfortunately, I don't know. What level are you looking for: a level just beyond cut/dissolve/fade, or a level where you're trying to re-create the opening titles to True Detective or the like.

can i do edits like the premier pro and after effects (i hate both ,thats why i choose vegas pro)

Dexcon wrote on 11/6/2017, 6:29 AM

Agreed. I tried Premier trial nearly 10 years ago and found it so clunky and user unfriendly that I gave it a big miss - and my NLE at the time was the consumer level Ulead VideoStudio. Eventually, Vegas Pro was much better for me. I've not tried AE, but it is as I understand it, it is for SFX, something you're not going to find to the same extent in Vegas Pro - you'll need paid plug-ins (e.g. Boris BCC10) or HitFilm with Mocha, or the free Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve and/or Fusion (the latter not doing motion tracking in the free version),

But I'm a bit confused, if you hate Premier and AE, why would you want the same editing processes as in in Premier and AE?

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

dream wrote on 11/6/2017, 6:56 AM

i hate beause as you said its not user-friendly and also not time-saving .user-interface is not good ,but i guess i have to try it if vegas for dont do my work(i am hoping that in future vegas pro updates like 16-17 our vegas pro team should opt features like after effects ,so that - vegas pro became "the best video editing software of all time")

Rainer wrote on 11/6/2017, 4:26 PM

Not sure what AE features you are after, perhaps let us know. You can distinguish two aspects of video editing, the technical and aesthetic. Aesthetic, Walter Murch "In the Blink of an Eye" remains pretty standard. Technical, there are plenty of AE like options in Vegas - 14 compositing modes, just about every effect animated. If you need AE for VFX or motion graphics there are better free options, like (as Dexcon said) Blackmagic Design Fusion or (my preference) Blender.

dream wrote on 11/7/2017, 12:44 AM

Not sure what AE features you are after, perhaps let us know. You can distinguish two aspects of video editing, the technical and aesthetic. Aesthetic, Walter Murch "In the Blink of an Eye" remains pretty standard. Technical, there are plenty of AE like options in Vegas - 14 compositing modes, just about every effect animated. If you need AE for VFX or motion graphics there are better free options, like (as Dexcon said) Blackmagic Design Fusion or (my preference) Blender.

it looks like i have to go long way,thanks i will take a look.

aboammar wrote on 11/27/2017, 8:49 PM

Lynda.com has good amount of training videos for Vegas Pro:

https://www.lynda.com/search?q=Vegas&f=meta_software_facet%3aVegas+Pro

You can try it free for 30 days ..

HP Z1 AIO Workstation G3

Display: 23.6" UHD 4K

CPU: Xeon E3-1270 v5  quad-core @ 3.60GHz, 8MB cache, up to 4GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology

GPU: nVidia Quadro M2000M 4GB

RAM: 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC memory

System Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Working Drive: 1TB M.2 (2500MB/s)

Storage Drive: 3GB SSD (500MB/s)

Video: Vegas Pro 16 Suite / DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio

Audio: PreSonus Studio One Pro 5

Graphics: CorelDraw Technical Suite 2020 / Xara Designer Pro X365

Image Editing: Corel PhotoPaint 2020 / Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate / PHASEONE Capture One Pro 11

3D Graphics: Maxon Cinema 4D Studio 10

Camera: Sony A7S II / A7 III

Vimeo: vimeo.com/innoviahouse

set wrote on 11/28/2017, 8:42 AM

Here's a list of tutorials I tried collected, in case you haven't seen it.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-tutorials--103245/

Of course, I also accept any other suggestions towards any recommended tutorials.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

PeterDuke wrote on 11/29/2017, 4:56 PM

There are two aspects of good video editing to consider: being creative and using the tools on hand to implement that creation. This forum is mainly about the latter. If it's the former you are interested in then you should look eleswhere.

Personally, I weary of the modern wizz-bang presentations I see on TV, particularly in commercials with lots of primary colours, especially red, and the lettering jumping out at you. Moving bizarre backgrounds should be banned. Pop concerts seem to be more about visual effects than sound. It is all aimed at over stimulation. Please don't go down that path. Is there a connection between such presentations and mental disorders?

marc-s wrote on 11/29/2017, 5:38 PM

I second the recommendation of Lynda.com as you sound like you want to get better at the art of editing which will apply to any program and there should be some good ones focusing on that. Also recommend "In the Blink of an Eye" by Walter Murch. It's an easy read and goes into the philosophy of editing and telling stories. I actually used to be afraid of straight cuts and used cross fades for everything. Now I prefer cuts unless I want a really soft feel like a wedding ceremony or Catholic Mass.