Comments

musicvid10 wrote on 6/19/2014, 10:05 PM
There is no conspiracy to "ignore" 5.0.
What is your problem?
Geoff_Wood wrote on 6/21/2014, 7:10 PM
Despite being a version so many years old, nobody is ignoring V5 . Many problems and solutions span many versions.

In reply to your previous post relevant specific questions were asked relating to your audio and driver, which you didn't respond to....

geoff
hanihijaz wrote on 6/22/2014, 2:30 AM
Thank you for your reply Mr. Geoff BUT I experienced one thing on board most of the people hesitate or do not bother to see or answer to any thread posted which is not with the relevant Forum Topics and that is Sony Veigas 5.O

I am still on sony vegas 5.0 DAW.

Regards,

Hani
Geoff_Wood wrote on 6/22/2014, 5:32 PM
People 'bothered' to reply to your question here:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=897523&Replies=4

...... but you did not follow up with the necessary information. That is the only reason people would hesitate to help.

We would be happy to point you in the right direction ;-)

BTW Vegas is not a DAW but I, like you, use it as such if no MIDI tracks involved.

geoff
ChristoC wrote on 6/22/2014, 6:05 PM
Geoff, that's an unusual link!

Geoff_Wood wrote on 6/23/2014, 5:09 AM
Ooops - fixed it!

g.
Chienworks wrote on 6/23/2014, 8:25 AM
I wonder if maybe Hani is expecting to get email notifications of replies to his posts. That may be why he thinks he's being ignored.

Vegas not a DAW? I dunno about that. It's the Workstation i use when editing Digital Audio. That certainly makes it a DAW for me.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 6/23/2014, 5:39 PM
Vegas also remains my primary multi-track audio recording software too. But to qualify as a full 'DAW' it really needs MIDI capability, no ?

geoff
Chienworks wrote on 6/23/2014, 8:34 PM
I think that's optional depending on the user's needs. I've never needed MIDI and it's extremely unlikely that i ever will. So for me, adding MIDI makes it no more a DAW than it is without it.

Since i work exclusively with recorded acoustic audio, the "ACID" features of ACID actually make it less useful for my music editing than Vegas is without them.
ChristoC wrote on 6/24/2014, 12:06 AM
- But to qualify as a full 'DAW' it really needs MIDI capability, no ?

No! DAW = Digital Audio Workstation. MIDI is for kids in garages; a language between synth instruments. I've survived over 40 years on Pro Audio knowing virtually nothing about MIDI :-)
Geoff_Wood wrote on 6/24/2014, 7:14 PM
"MIDI is for kids in garages"

I agree that if you don't need or use MIDI Vegas is great, but where have you been hiding for the last 30 years ?!! ;-)

Practically every 'real' professional recording studio in the world is hardly "kids in garages".

And I'm not a kid in a garage. I use Acid when I need MIDI, as it is a full DAW, but nowhere near as elegant as Vegas which is a NLE with great audio features ....

geoff
ChristoC wrote on 6/24/2014, 8:46 PM
...where have you been hiding for the last 30 years ..

ha ha ! I've been lucky enough to spend most of my time in studios recording and mixing real musicians (orchestral and otherwise) playing proper instruments reading actual printed music for film soundtracks - any synthy bits I just treat as another instrument, so it's up to the musician to grapple with their technology and come up with the goods - at best my MIDI involvement means I feed them MTC if they can't play properly and have to sequence the sounds.....
Geoff_Wood wrote on 6/25/2014, 4:20 PM
At least we gree that Vegas is preeminently good for audio recording ;-)

geoff