Why won't vegas let me add a track?

Kit wrote on 12/8/2014, 8:12 PM
Here's the situation. I add a clip that I previously made and discover I mistakenly rendered it with audio. So, I delete it from the timeline, open up another copy of Vegas, rerender without audio and try to bring it back from Windows Explorer into my initial project.

Vegas throws up a warning about streams changing. I look at the warning (from memory):

- select a replacement
- ignore the error and leave the media offline
- ignore all future errors

I select option 3 and Vegas won't let me add the clip until I close Vegas and reopen the project. Rats! Option3 should have read "ignore all future errors and leave media offline".

Anyway, being a glutton for punishment and shortsighted to boot I make the same error and import another clip with unintended audio. This time I select it in project media and delete it. Surely, that will work? Nope - Vegas still won't let me bring in my rerendered track. What gives? I can understand the first time but not the second. If I've deleted a file from a project why can't I bring an altered version back in? Thanks.

Comments

musicvid10 wrote on 12/8/2014, 8:24 PM
Kit,
Youve started six threads tonight.
I think it's time for you to give it a rest.
Kit wrote on 12/8/2014, 8:56 PM
Don't worry - I'll be gone soon. Currently I only make videos once a year. But why can't I bring the track back in?
musicvid10 wrote on 12/8/2014, 9:23 PM
Good heavens, delete from Project Media.
Good Night!
Kit wrote on 12/8/2014, 9:58 PM
Sleep tight! As I mentioned in my initial post that is what I did the second time - and it didn't work.