Wish list for Vegas 9

Comments

newhope wrote on 11/25/2008, 2:54 PM
"This option somehow got lost post V6."

Bob

Somehow your post got lost and ended up in the 'Vegas 9 wish list' post in the Audio forum... bizarre!!!
Though I guess if it's missing since V6 it should be wished for in V9... did I miss exactly what it is though?

http://www.newhope.com.auNew Hope Media[/link]
farss wrote on 11/25/2008, 5:07 PM
I put it here intentionally in the hope that Peter might notice as no one from SCS seems to be paying much attention in the video forum and I've had no joy explaining this to support.

What the option does is this. Extracting tracks track by track from an audio CD without this option requires a confirmation click for the filename for every track. With the option ticked in V6 then Vegas just auto numbers each file as it rips it from the CD, no confirmation required.

Where / why this might have been lost is there's also an option to lookup online databases and name the file with song title. That's of no help when the CDs are studio recordings or FX tracks etc compiled for stage shows. The support guy seemed to think what I was asking for was now redundant but as far as I can see it certainly isn't.

Bob.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 11/25/2008, 6:33 PM
Same problem with CDA if you want to extract as individual tracks. It's not so much the auto-naming, or the htting <Enter>, but the waiting inbetween tracks ;-)

geoff
newhope wrote on 11/26/2008, 4:43 AM
Bob

I now understand what you were asking for and agree with your reasoning.

It just seemed like the post, as it had a different name, had dropped in out of context and mid-conversation.

New Hope Media