Workflow question, Cinescore use

WayneM wrote on 12/8/2014, 4:49 PM
I know Cinescore was orphaned, but I have it and I have a good collection on the Theme packages. I've run Cinescore from its own interface to create some useful tracks to pull into Vegas Pro.

Is there a way from WITHIN Vegas to highlight a section of a video and to call up Cinescore? I thought I remembered doing that some years ago. I can't figure out how to do that. Right now the only option is to render the Vegas project and pull it into Cinescore for all the creation, hinting, and tweaking.

Is there a less kludgy solution?

Wayne

Comments

monoparadox wrote on 12/8/2014, 9:06 PM
Cinescore will not work in Vegas x64 versions.

tom
TheHappyFriar wrote on 12/8/2014, 9:13 PM
I have Vegas 10 & have both 64 & 32 bit installed. Cinescore tracks I put in via 32-bit still show up in the 64-bit, just as audio files. So I do my scoring in 32-bit or load up my video separately in Cinescore.
WayneM wrote on 12/10/2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the clarifications. I was thinking of Vegas 13 Pro 32-bit but it seems that might not even exist. Unless I'm missing something I guess my best option is to render the video then pull that into Cinescore.

I guess a different music product is in my future. Any recommendations?

Thanks again for both replies.

Wayne Munn
Grazie wrote on 12/10/2014, 12:30 PM
VP13 32bit does not exsist. I go to VP9 to do my CS stuff.

Grazie

DavidMcKnight wrote on 12/10/2014, 3:21 PM
Regarding a music product in your future:

IIRC SmartSound has a Vegas plugin / app that is supposed to work pretty well, I think it's about $50. It was introduced about a year ago if memory serves.

In my opinion it's what should have been made available years ago instead of Cinescore, but that comment doesn't help anybody today.
PixelStuff wrote on 12/10/2014, 5:55 PM
Anyone know how long the SmartSound patents last? Is Sony just waiting until they expire to release Cinescore 2.0 or are we all just going to be dead and gone by the time that happens?
Terje wrote on 12/15/2014, 1:22 AM
I doubt SCS is waiting for the SmartSound patents, as far as I can remember, SCS licensed those for Cinescore, but still decided to drop the product.
Grazie wrote on 12/15/2014, 2:05 AM
For the first time I just reviewed one of the Samples and the Script Tool for SS. Man oh Man . . . SCS really dropped an excellent product.

Grazie

WayneM wrote on 1/8/2015, 6:22 PM
Thanks for everyone's input.

I'm doing some shorts (5-8 minutes) and I only need some 'fun' music for the opening and closing (and I want the music way down throughout the shorts but need no hints as to tempo etc.) So, I'm finalizing the video edit, getting the timing down, then creating the music bed with Cinescore to that time, then rendering to a WAV for the Vegas music bed track. It has prompted me to go back to the 2007 manual and go thru it again. . .and again.

When I have slight changes I just open the saved Cinescore track, adjust, re-render, reload, and Bob's My Uncle. Everytime I go back and use Cinescore and learn more about the features I'm reminded of what a seemingly horrible decision Sony made on our behalfs. It seems absurd to be adding more highlights and Post-It flags for topics in a 7 year old manual for a product that was killed. . .but whatcha gonna do?

When I need music for a longer form project I'm going to have to revisit the alternatives.

Wayne