Xrite Color Checker

studioprod wrote on 4/15/2016, 10:21 AM
I am using the latest iteration of Movie Studio Platinum and wish to use Xrite Color Checker and Passport to hit perfect color balance. How can that be done with Movie Studio? Premiere offers two plugins (one free) and I hoped Sony might have one to use, what is the industry standard (Munsell) to achieve perfect color control..

Comments

musicvid10 wrote on 4/15/2016, 2:28 PM
That would be a question for xrite; SCS doesn't write plugins for third parties.
Even so, Vegas Pro would be a likelier candidate for eventual support.

That said, the xrite (Macbeth) checker is primarily a refeictive print tool; has been around for 40 years.
The reflective values given (now on my fourth card) have little direct correlation to screen values, although some have apparently repurposed it.

Senise wrote on 9/26/2016, 8:47 PM

Hope it helps you...

Marco. wrote on 9/27/2016, 5:00 AM

You could use Graide Color Match which also works for the latest Movie Studio Platinum versions.

GrimZeus wrote on 3/15/2017, 5:30 AM

I just bought Graide, what an incredible piece of software. Just used it to help automate a color catastrophe between differences in some Red footage and 5d Mark IV c-log footage. Can't wait to explore further possibilities for matching complex scenes.