To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Exit the program if it is open.
Important: The following instructions require you to make changes to the Windows Registry. The Windows Registry is a very sensitive part of windows. If you not do not feel comfortable making changes to the Registry, ask a system administrator to help you.
How to create a backup of your Registry
- Open the Registry Editor. To do this, press Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Type "regedit" in the dialog and press ENTER. The Registry Editor will open.
- Look for the following directory in the Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Sony Creative Software > [Program Name] > [Version Number] > License
- Right-click ONLY the folder labeled "License" and select "Delete".
- After deleting the folder, close the Registry Editor and restart Sound Forge Pro 11.
- You should now be asked to enter a serial number to register the program.