Why do I get the message "File not found"?
If you receive this error message, some files used in the project cannot be found.
This can happen if the media used in the project:
- have been moved or deleted;
- have been renamed;
- have been saved on an external device that is currently not connected to the PC.
This is how you can solve the problem:
- Click on "Folder" in the "File Not Found" dialog and select the missing media files from the new path/s.
The name of the missing files will be displayed in the error message.
To avoid this error in the future, please be careful not to move or rename your media files while working on a project.
Error code 1618 indicates the presence of an issue during installation.
- Check in the Windows Control Panel under Windows Updates to ensure that no installations are currently being performed.
- Type the command "cmd" in the system search field.
- Right-click on cmd.exe and select "Run as an administrator...".
- Now Type the line: msiexec /unregister
- Press Enter then type the line msiexec /regserver and press "Enter" again.
- Close the window and restart the installation process.
Download the "Process Explorer" -Tool from Microsoft from the following link:
- Right click on "procexp.exe" and select "Run as an administrator".
- Press Ctrl+F and enter the line "msiexecute" (without quotation marks) – then press Enter.
- A list of processes currently performing the installation will be prompted.
- Click on one of the listed file .
- Right-click on the entry in the main list and select "Kill Process" and "OK".
- Repeat this step for all msiexecute processes listed.
- You can then close the "Process Explorer" and restart the installation procedure.