To resolve this issue, try the following:
- Type Internet option in the search field and select the result "Internet Options"
- Select the Tab "Advanced".
- Make sure that all TLS entries from TLS 1.0 through TLS 1.2 are active.
- Now Open the "Task Manager" and select the Tab "Services" .
- Locate the service called "Background Intelligent Transfer Service".
- Right-click it and select "Properties" in the context menu.
- Make sure that "Startup type" is set to "Automatic".
Then, try downloading the codec or activating the program again.
The program uses components from Internet Explorer which can sometimes cause communication issues.
- Check your Internet connection first and, if prompted, set your firewall or antivirus program to allow the connection.
- Check if Internet Explorer is running in offline mode. To do this, go to "File" and make sure that the "Work Offline" option is disabled.
- Go to "Extras" > "Internet Options". Open the "Advanced" tab. Under "Security", look for an entry called "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode". Disable this as well.
- Check if Internet Explorer is accepting cookies. Go to "Internet options" and open the "Privacy" tab. Temporarily select the option to accept all cookies.