Important: Uninstalling VEGAS Pro / VEGAS Movie Studio will remove all audio and video templates, as well as all custom settings, from your computer.
To perform a complete uninstall of your VEGAS product, follow these steps:
- Unplug all external USB and Firewire devices from your computer.
- Temporarily pause your antivirus software.
- In Windows, go to "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Programs and Features" and uninstall the program.
- Also, use "Microsoft Fix It" to delete any remaining components of the software.
After uninstalling the software, delete the following folders manually:
- C:\Program Files\Vegas\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Vegas\
- C:\Program Files\Vegas Setup\
The next step requires deleting one or more Windows registry keys. The registry is a very sensitive part of Windows. If you are not comfortable working with advanced configuration and system settings in Windows, ask an administrator to help you.
Click the "Start" button and enter "Regedit" in the search field. The Registry Editor will open.
Delete all the Vegas entries from the following registry sections:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Vegas Creative Software
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Vegas Creative Software
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Vegas Creative Software
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Vegas Creative Software