To update the drivers and/or firmware for a hardware device, please try the following steps:
- Open the Windows Control Panel, and then open the System Properties dialog.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Locate the device in question. For example, if you're updating a sound card, expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers category.
- Once you have located the device, right-click its name or icon and select Update Driver.
- Follow the prompts in the Hardware Update Wizard to allow Windows to search online for a driver.
If the search is unsuccessful, you will need to perform your own driver search.
- Close the Hardware Update wizard and find the device in the list again. Take note of the manufacturer and the exact model number of the device.
- Now, open up a new web browser window and navigate to (or search for) the manufacturer's website.
- Use the site navigation or search tools to locate driver updates, and enter in the model number of your device.
- Once you have located the drivers, please download them and follow the included instructions for installation.
- If the Driver download page doesn't include specific instructions for installation, please try simply running the downloaded file to begin the installation of the drivers.
- The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the process.
Note: If you require further assistance updating these drivers, you may need to contact the computer's manufacturer (i.e. Dell, HP, Sony Vaio, etc) or the device's manufacturer.