We are very happy to announce a new update for VEGAS Pro 14: build 244. This update fixes a lot of bugs and adds a number of requested enhancements.
Additional after the update VEGAS Pro 14 will now have the ability to alert users when there is a new update available.
You can download build 244 now: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=W2VPPCDOJ5DF
Here are the patch notes for this update:
- 10-bit rendering has been added for HEVC files along with new 10-bit render templates and the ability to create custom 10-bit render templates
- A "News Feed" function that communicates important information (e.g. update build announcements) now appears upon application start up whenever a new message is avaialble. This replaces the Net Notify system used in previous versions of the software
- We've created a new 4K render template for MainConcept AVC/AAC file format and exposed a new 4K frame size preset to make it even easier to create 4K files
- Changed the location of the temporary file created during ProRes rendering so that it no longer goes to the system Temporary folder (potentially filling the user's system drive). It now goes to the same folder as the specified render location, and is instantly deleted once the render is complete
- Color Curves channel setting now persist through closing and reopening the tool
- Color Curves Show All Channels checkbox is now selected by default
- The Selection Edit Tool no longer flickers when holding Ctr. or Shift when making a selection
- Shuffle events now works properly when a J cut is present
- The Portals transition now works properly
- Improved the handling of imported Photoshop files so that layers no longer display pale edges when viewing at Best settings in the Video Preview window
- Adding a clip from the Project Media window at the project frame rate while set to Details view now correctly adjusts the clip's frame rate as expected
- A menu option to rename video plug-ins while in the Plug-In Chooser has been removed since the operation is not available and choosing it caused a crash
- The Trimmer window context menu now properly appears when you right-click the video portion after first having disabled the new hover scrub feature
- Investigated a suspected bug that caused 4K ProRes files from a Blackmagic Designs camera to appear more exposed on Preview and Draft settings in the Video Preview than in Good and Best settings and determined that no bug exists. Some footage may appear brighter or darker at the lower-resolution settings due to the blurring of the video that naturally takes place at these low preview resolutions
- Investigated a suspected bug where 4K ProRes files from a Blackmagix Designs camera has different gamma values in VEGAS Pro 14 compared to VEGAS Pro 13. This has been determined to be caused by a known flaw in the Apple QuickTime for Windows add-on software that was required to read these files in version 13. Our native reader in version 14 does not have this flaw and its output is correct
- Custom window layouts that use tabs docked to the top of windows are now properly saved and persist through an application restart
- The TrackGroup scripting class has been updated so that the Mute and Solo properties now return the correct values as expected
- Fixed a problem that could cause a crash under certain circumstances when exporting a project as a VEGAS Pro archive
- The Render Complete dialog box is now covered by floating windows within the application less frequently.
Thanks again for your continued support and feedback.
Edit: Put in the right notes