VEGAS Pro 14 Update 3 (build 201)

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 11/18/2016, 10:01 AM

Dear community,

We are happy to announce that earlier today we rolled out Update 3 (build 201) for VEGAS Pro 14. This update is packed with improvements, and all of the fixes and enhancements we've included sprang directly from your feedback, so we want to thank you for your passion and input! We hope you enjoy the new version!

Download build 201 now with the help of the following link: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=V97RB4X7W66W

Here you can read the patch notes for this update:

New features of this Update

• Improved the Velocity envelope Set to functionality so that all points selected with the Envelope Selection tool will be set to the value entered for any of the other selected points
  • Added functionality for reading and saving project media tags to HEVC and ProRes media
  • Add new Velocity envelope presets (20% and 40%) to make working with high-frame-rate video easier
  • Greatly increased the number of scripts that can be shown in the Scripts menu
  • Added a general preference to allow users to enable legacy GPU rendering
  • Expanded the low-end range of the sharpen effect to allow access to softer values
  • Native support for reading ProRes 4444 files with full bit-depth
  • ProRes rendering capabilities including presets
  • Trimmer toolbar Add buttons and keyboard shortcuts now always honor the Trimmer in and out points
  • Hover scrub improvements have been made to support quantization, snapping, and showing selection
  • Support for reading HEVC hvc1 file variants

Bug Fixes

• Resample mode now respects the Start all new projects with these settings checkbox in Project Properties
  • Loading multiple ProRes clips at the same time no longer crashes the application
  • Custom keyboard mapping for scripts now persists
  • Text that showed up badly cropped in the Titles & Text plug-in dialog box when running in Windows 7 now displays properly
  • Undoing a change to project properties frame rate no longer prevents the timeline cursor from functioning properly
  • Luminance values are now displayed properly for ProRes files
  • Plugged a memory leak that occurred when loading multiple AVCHD or HDV files (fixed in previous update)
  • Adjustments you make in the video event FX Curves panel are now saved properly
  • ProRes files rendered from VEGAS Pro now properly report interlacing and audio information
  • Removed an unecessary Render Alpha Channel checkbox that mistakenly appeared when rendering to a CineForm AVI file
  • Hit Film Express interoperability is now functioning properly
  • Media tags are now properly saved for Panasonic P2 files
  • The update process now works without crashing in all upgrade scenarios
  • VEGAS Pro no longer exhibits random crashes upon closing the application
  • Help topic for Working with HFR broken link has been repaired
  • VEGAS Pro no longer crashes when attempting to read ProRes HQ - 4096x2160-23.976p files
  • HDV/AVCHD file loading is no longer significantly slowed in VEGAS Pro 14 compared to previous versions
  • Quantize to Frame now work as expected when setting project video settings to match media, and project/clip frame rates differ
  • Wavehammer Surround demo beeps are now properly removed from registered product
  • The selection rectangle now shows up for each tool that includes a color picker.
  • Fixed stuttering/judder issues related to playback/rendering of certain HEVC/ProRes files

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

Wovian wrote on 11/18/2016, 10:36 AM

Thanks for the update Mathias.There's nothing in the above about New Blue Titler Pro 4.  Is this now compatible with Vegas?

clive.gardner wrote on 11/18/2016, 10:46 AM

Sounds like a great step in the right direction - many thanks, Mathias.

Now if I can just get my AC3Pro codec back and native DNxHD support, I'd be very happy indeed :)

Cornico wrote on 11/18/2016, 11:16 AM

Thanks Magix for the update, we are going to test it. 👍
It's a pity that the install made a chaos of my customized toolbar, I had to renew my toolbar again from start and I also had to remove options I had never used before.
Edit: This happened only on my laptop, on desktop the update worked perfect.

arkadiusz-buchala wrote on 11/18/2016, 11:30 AM

Support for ProRes 444 - I love you for this :).

gary-rebholz wrote on 11/18/2016, 11:41 AM

Support for ProRes 444 - I love you for this :).

Big smiles around the office for this. Thanks arkadiusz-buchala!

marekk wrote on 11/18/2016, 12:31 PM

Thanks for the update :-)

altarvic wrote on 11/18/2016, 1:13 PM

Good job. Keep it up!

Quitter wrote on 11/18/2016, 1:29 PM

And now, please give us back the AC3 Pro codec 👍

Camcorder: Sony CX 520 VE
Hardware:   Acer NG-A717-72G-71YD, Win 11 , i7-8750 H, 16GB, GTX 1060 6GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD
NLE:  Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 Build 453
            Vegas Pro 14.0 Build 270
            Vegas Pro 21.0 Build 300

glovercover wrote on 11/18/2016, 1:46 PM

Thank you! 

Cornico wrote on 11/18/2016, 2:23 PM

And now, please give us back the AC3 Pro codec 👍

+1,
and than I don't need to install DVDA 6 only for that purpose 😜

david-smith wrote on 11/18/2016, 2:45 PM

I'm still on build 161. can I just upgrade from this build 201 or do I need to upgrade older version first (189) then build 201?

gary-rebholz wrote on 11/18/2016, 2:51 PM

I'm still on build 161. can I just upgrade from this build 201...?

You can jump straight to 201. You'll get the benefit of everything in the earlier updates as well as this latest one.

david-smith wrote on 11/18/2016, 3:07 PM

Thank you so much, upgrading now.

SphinxRa40 wrote on 11/18/2016, 4:12 PM

Thanks for the new build, installed it but no trial?😏

Bofus wrote on 11/18/2016, 4:15 PM

Thanks for the update Mathias.There's nothing in the above about New Blue Titler Pro 4.  Is this now compatible with Vegas ?

NB Titler Pro 5 does work with Vegas Pro 14.

Wovian wrote on 11/18/2016, 4:43 PM

Thanks Bofus but I have only just bought TP4. Ill take this up with NewBlue.

fhu wrote on 11/18/2016, 7:40 PM

There seems to be bug in the v201 update inside the Trimmer. Once I highlight a section of video and click to drag it onto the timeline it starts a new selection instead of dragging the highlighted selection. In other words, I can't drag to the timeline from the trimmer... Does that make sense?

Anyone experiencing this?

max8 wrote on 11/18/2016, 9:49 PM

Exporting to ProRes is great news - thank you so much!!

But I think there are still two ProRes bugs in build 201:

1. When importing ProRes 422 with 24 bit audio now the file properties show correctly "LPCM" (instead of the wrong "AAC", but still without "24 bit"). But: the audio is recognized as mono without a way to switch between tracks ("both" is already chosen).

2. White dots appear in certain black areas of the picture. These don't appear in VP 13 or in the Quicktime Player.

Is it possible to render to an interlaced ProRes-format?

ed-sharpe wrote on 11/18/2016, 10:41 PM

I have  titler 3 will that even  work if we upgrade?  we also need an  unconfused infto   generous upgrade price.. our Communications and broadcast museum is on very limited   funds Thanks Ed - couryhouse@aol.com

Yarin VooDoo wrote on 11/19/2016, 9:45 AM

Great update!
Thanks! 😉

david-smith wrote on 11/19/2016, 10:23 AM

I have  titler 3 will that even  work if we upgrade?  we also need an  unconfused infto   generous upgrade price.. our Communications and broadcast museum is on very limited   funds Thanks Ed - couryhouse@aol.com

I also have a mostly non working NewBlue Titler 3 Pro on Vegas 14 Pro Suite even after the build 201 update.  The Titler works great unless I push the library button.  About 70% of the time this crashes the Titler within Vegas.  I found the Titlerstandalone.exe at  programs / NewBlueFX / Titler /Titlerstandalone.exe on my computer.  I just made a shortcut of it to the desk top.  Outside of Vegas for me the Titler works perfectly as a standalone.  I have been doing all of my Titler work on the standalone, save and then within Vegas I drag the Titler as normal then open the title that I worked on, works.  I can still do all of the fine tuning within Vegas on the titler as long as I don't push the library button.  This works for me as a workaround until NewBlue comes up with a update.  Hope this helps. 

NickHope wrote on 11/19/2016, 10:52 AM

This is really a great update. There are some unexpected enhancements such as ProRes rendering and ProRes 4444 reading, and a whole load of bugs and annoyances have been fixed, some of which go back a number of years, such as the rectangular colour selection marquee and "Vegas Pro has stopped working". Thanks very much. Great work!

Would still like to see the official release notes updated with each of these updates, and for them to be available online, along with a repository of old installers like in the SCS days. There is already 1 reported bug with 178/189 that is claimed not to have happened with 161 (don't know about 201 yet), but at the moment there is no procedure to roll back to 161 unless those users happened to have saved the 161 installer. Presumably in the future users may want to roll back for other reasons.

Bofus wrote on 11/19/2016, 10:59 AM

I also have a mostly non working NewBlue Titler 3 Pro on Vegas 14 Pro Suite even after the build 201 update.  The Titler works great unless I push the library button.  About 70% of the time this crashes the Titler within Vegas.  I found the Titlerstandalone.exe at  programs / NewBlueFX / Titler /Titlerstandalone.exe on my computer.  I just made a shortcut of it to the desk top.  Outside of Vegas for me the Titler works perfectly as a standalone.  I have been doing all of my Titler work on the standalone, save and then within Vegas I drag the Titler as normal then open the title that I worked on, works.  I can still do all of the fine tuning within Vegas on the titler as long as I don't push the library button.  This works for me as a workaround until NewBlue comes up with a update.  Hope this helps. 

Issues with Titler Pro require New Blue to fix.  TP 4 does not work but TP 5 does.  New Blue has acknowledged issues with v. 4 but no timetable for a fix.

fhu wrote on 11/19/2016, 11:36 AM

Agree. The ability to export to PRORES is an amazing update. THANK YOU! 

Still concerned about the trimmer bug...cannot drag and drop a clip from the trimmer to the timeline.