VEGAS Pro 15 release date

VEGAS_CommunityManager wrote on 7/12/2017, 8:14 AM

Dear community,

Almost a full year has passed since the revival of VEGAS Pro, and what ride it's been! Your support and enthusiasm have been nothing short of amazing. You have given us fantastic feedback and ideas for the future. So now we're excited to announce that the future you helped create begins to unfold with the release of VEGAS Pro 15 on August 28.

What can you expect from VEGAS Pro 15? Well, we can't list all the new features just yet, but here are a couple that we'll know you'll be interested in because they came directly from your feedback!

A GUI for everyone

From the moment you open the new software, you'll notice major UI changes which are not only designed to look pretty, but also bring innovative usability improvements to your workflow. Now more than ever, you can choose the GUI setup that works for you. For example, from in depth community discussion, we learned that some of you like a dark background, and some want to keep a lighter background. Some want monochromatic buttons, and some value buttons with color. Now those choices are up to you! And those are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to optimizing your workspace so that it works most efficiently for your unique editing style and workflow.

Editing speed efficiencies

You supplied a number of great ideas on how VEGAS Pro could speed your editing even more. We've implemented a number of these features. For instance, you wanted a "one-click" way to create a freeze frame in an event, and so in VEGAS Pro 15, you have exactly such a tool. Now, instead of following a multi-step procedure to create a freeze-frame video, you can accomplish the task with far less clicking. And that's just one example of how we've made editing faster and more intuitive.

Hardware accelerated Encoding/Decoding

VEGAS Pro 15 leverages modern hardware for accelerated encoding and decoding, including support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and other technologies.

We don't want to spoil all the surprises, but you'll only have to wait a little longer to get to know the other features and improvements of VEGAS Pro 15. We hope you are as excited as we are!

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

fhu wrote on 7/12/2017, 8:28 AM

Wow, This is an earlier release than I thought. Can't wait guys!

SphinxRa40 wrote on 7/12/2017, 9:02 AM

πŸ‘Excited indeed!😁

"Β including support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and other technologies.​​​​​​"​​​​​​​...I suppose this will be announced later?

Common just spoil us 😁

Jam_One wrote on 7/12/2017, 9:12 AM

Thank you, MAGIX!

Please 1,

Chroma Blur -- abandon the Gaussian function, replace it with Box.

Where "Radius=1" means the chroma of the immediately neighboring pixels is mixed 1:1. With no influence of the distant pixels farther away.

Where "Radius<1" would mean a "portion of chroma, less then full value" is taken from the immediately neighboring pixel to be mixed into the pixel which is currently being processed.

Β 

Please 2,

FX Mark -- add FX Mark overlay on the Media thumbnails in Project Media browser. In the very same manner as it is overlaid on the Events.

The practical idea of Chroma Blur seems to be the compensation of the quirks of the chroma subsampling. So, straightforward masking/suppression of 4:2:0 chromatic upsampling errors does essentially require the chroma of adjacent pixels to be mixed 1:1. With no effect from other distant pixels. To the task, Box/Linear blur is relevant, Gaussian blur is not. Gaussian function/distribution, which is now used within "Chroma Blur" filter (according to my "investigations"), involves the influence of the distant pixels, which effectively forces the use of radius <1 and makes the operation non-intuitive. I, personally, do not use Sony/MAGIX Chroma Blur at all. I use Boris FX's 'BCC Gaussian Blur' filter with "Quality" set to "Gaussian Low" which mimics the Box algorithm most closely/almost precisely, to my mind.

Β 

Last changed by Jam_One on 7/12/2017, 10:27 AM, changed a total of 4 times.

Win 7 Ultimate | Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz | nVidia GTX 760 4GB * 2

SSD | 32 GB RAM | No Swap file | No Overclock | GPU-in-CPU OFF

t.A.T.u. F.o.R.e.V.e.R.!

Β 

igor-roll wrote on 7/12/2017, 3:12 PM

Thanks Magix ! Good news, but look, audio worklow in H265 has 192 kbps (!), this is joke - 4k video with kids audio bitrate, please give us like PCM Stereo at 1534 kbps

Master86 wrote on 7/12/2017, 4:00 PM

Will this time there be exports in 8K on Vegas 15? Or wait until Vegas 16 for the 8K?
And what will this time be customized the resolution for export on all video formats? Thank you for answering my question.

pierre-k wrote on 7/12/2017, 4:15 PM

Hello Vegas Team.
These are great news and I am looking forward!

Please correct the old error with AUTO RIPPLE.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/error-with-auto-ripple-vegas-12-13-14--104547/#ca646082

A GUI for everyone

Can I Map Mouse Right Button?
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/speedy-edit-with-the-right-mouse-button--104440/#ca645706

and please Time Stretch + Ctrl range 0 - 1000% (not 25 - 400%)

cinefilm wrote on 7/12/2017, 10:09 PM

Awesome news, props to the magix team. Can we optimize the audio engine when multi tracking with many tracks and effects applied without audio droputs, glitches, stutters, buffering problems etc. That would kill the need to export to another DAW for mixing.

FlaBob wrote on 7/12/2017, 10:29 PM

great...i just paid to print the vegas 14 pdf file .....lol

Shinra Bansho wrote on 7/12/2017, 11:20 PM

Taking this opportunity, I would like to ask MAGIX to provide us with a model system spec or two (NOT a minimum system requirement) in order to indicate what sort of systems would allow to achieve the intended features they implement (whether QSV, VCE or whatever). I know, as a software developer, MAGIX might feel awkward to recommend specific computer models or devices (e.g. exactly which model of GPU's) obviously for commercial reasons, but I still believe they could state what "test-bed" (computer model, CPU, RAM, GPU, software driver versions etc) they used in order to achieve the intended features without a crash or hang. I feel it unfair that MAGIX continues to let users test and decide what devices should be used or not used to achieve those intended features. I have been seeing a number of crash/hang reports in the forum over the past years, a part of which even from the Sony Vegas days, and feel MAGIX held responsible at least for a part of it (i.e. the failure to indicate what devices/drivers to use to properly achieve what's intended).Β Β Β Β Β 

PC 1: GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WiFi, 32GB RAM, i7 6700K, San Disk 480GB SSD, Seagate 4TB HDD 7200 rpm, Radeon Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB (Driver 21.10.2), Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1706)

PC 2: ASUS Prime H570-PLUS MB, 32GB RAM, i7-10700K, 1TB SSD (M.2), 8TB HD, NVidia RTX3080 10GB, Windows 10 Home 21H2 (10.0.19044)

Gears: Panasonic GH4/GH5/GH6/WX970(M)/HC-X2000, Sony PXW-Z90/FDR-AX100/A7C/A74/FX30

leon-l wrote on 7/13/2017, 3:38 AM

η»ˆδΊŽη­‰εˆ°δ½  VEGAS PRO 15

Lukasz wrote on 7/13/2017, 4:11 AM

Why do you rely on Intel support where support for AMD Ryzen?

marcel-vossen wrote on 7/13/2017, 7:22 AM

Hopefully you guys have done something about one of the most annoying things in the latest Vegas versions (It was way better in early versions) , which is that it is terribly hard to find the sweet spot in the corners of the footage clips to drag a fade in/ fade out into it.... This is hardly impossible to do sometimes and drives me mad.

Cliff Etzel wrote on 7/13/2017, 10:32 AM

Any idea on upgrade pricing?

Former user wrote on 7/13/2017, 10:39 AM

Hi, will VEGAS be available for GNU/Linux in the future? Is there a chance for that operating system? Thank You for improving this legendary NLE video editor!

MarkHolmes wrote on 7/13/2017, 12:12 PM

So glad to see this - although I run FCPX on an iMac right next to my HP Workstation with Vegas Pro 13, I always find myself coming to the same conclusion. Nothing compares to Vegas Pro for speed, ease of use and a a common sense approach to editing video and audio. Can't wait for VP 15!!!!

Jr. Pascual wrote on 7/13/2017, 12:19 PM

Happy to hear about the upcoming release of VP15!

Guido3d wrote on 7/13/2017, 12:43 PM

Add a "Cut morph" effect please!!! Very useful to create frames or fields between cuts.

miguel-olaso wrote on 7/13/2017, 1:27 PM

Will it be a free upgrade for current Vegas 14 costumers?

Julius_ wrote on 7/13/2017, 2:26 PM

I just want to say thank you for all the vegas releases we have had this past year and reviving vegas once again. Kudos to the Magix Vegas team, please keep it up and we will keep buying!

patmc007 wrote on 7/13/2017, 2:35 PM

This is always good news....but I can only cross my fingers that the dreaded 'black screen' issues have been resolved. I've been struggling with them since version 11 and hope that version 15 will nip it in the bud. For anyone that has had this issue, or has solved this issue, here is the post I have been trying to get answers to.....thanks to all that take the time to reply.

Β 

I know many of you have experienced the black preview screen, which leads to the blank rendered screen. I've tried all the fixes I can find online, including switching off hardware acceleration on my video card and switching 'close media files when not the active application'.....etc. None of these fixes work. In my case, the project seems to be moving along very well, the on a dime, just stop previewing properly. Ironically, some clips will continue to work while most will not. But the condition can worsen and include 70-90% of my clips. No issues with audio when this happens. This started in Sony Vegas Platinum 12 for me. I upgraded to version 13, and then Magix Movie Studio Premium 14. I've experienced this problem in each version. Can anyone offer some shreds of hope as to how this problem can be overcome? I found nothing on the Sony site back in the day and I see nothing about it on the Magix site now.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

john_dennis wrote on 7/13/2017, 2:52 PM

The release date works well with my schedule for the next couple of months. I'm looking forward to a rigorous trial in September.

fr0sty wrote on 7/13/2017, 4:00 PM

Magix, thank you for the support. Please make a new benchmark file available to us so we all can benchmark our systems on the new software, and determine the best possible configurations for using Vegas 15. Something that utilizes all of the new features and gives us a nice stress test.

VidMus wrote on 7/13/2017, 4:57 PM

To all of those who plan on upgrading, please remember to backup your current system BEFORE you do the upgrade! And make sure the backup actually works! I have used backup software in the past that said the backup was successful and it turned out to be unusable garbage. Thank goodness I had another good backup or else I would have been in BIG trouble!

Also, do not upgrade while working on an important project. Do not even think about it.

I cannot count how many times someone had upgraded and was trying all kinds of hacks and workarounds in an effort to get things working again when the upgrade has failed to work for them. They did not have a verified backup.

Backups are NOT an option!

I hope this helps.

www.thestoprock.com

Β