Adding South Asian fonts

seetharamaiah-velicheti wrote on 9/8/2022, 11:04 PM

Vegas Did not add South Asian fonts (I am from India) so I am not able to write titles in my own language. Adobe Premiere & Photoshop incorporated universal font system so they accept any fonts on earth. I do not know why Vegas is not working on this. So, I am using Vegas Pro 17 and did not purchase any version after that because even Vegas Pro 20 also did not have universal font system. Any senior user of Vegas please take up this issue with Vegas software writing engineers. Thankyou.

Comments

Former user wrote on 9/9/2022, 3:07 AM

@seetharamaiah-velicheti You can add a font to windows, you'd prob need a Hindi keyboard?

https://www.fontspace.com/category/hindustani

or use Google translate, copy & paste in the text window

seetharamaiah-velicheti wrote on 11/4/2022, 9:53 AM

Thanks for your advice Sir I already installed Google Input Tools and also even Microsoft has given Telugu language package and after installing that, I am able to type our language pronunciation in English, then the all other applications show many Telugu language words in which I have to find the one which is correct and click on that and it works everywhere but not in Vegas Pro. when I paste the same in Adobe, it is fantastic. When I paste in Vegas Pro 17, some curves of letters and figures are missing. I do not know what is the reason. Even before one moderator from Malaysia, tried to copy a Telugu word and paste in Vegas, he could not succeed and he replied me that Vegas has been informed and this problem is in the knowledge of Vegas creators and in future they may include. But it never happened till now. In Adobe previously, there used to be two selections of fonts ie., Europearn (or some name I forgot) fonts and South East fonts. But now Adobe removed that type of selection and there is only UNIVERSAL FONTS where any language in the world can be typed. But that is not the case with Vegas Pro. So I stopped purchasing Vegas Pro new versions after Vegas Pro 17 that what I am using right now. By this, I am compelled to purchase Adobe Photoshop and lose money only for writing Telugu fonts. CANVA is much cheaper than all these softwares and gives tremendous compatibility with great templates in all types of disciplines. If Vegas Pro adds Universal fonts including India's, I will purchase all upgrade versions in future from the date of this font upgrade.🙏.

RogerS wrote on 11/4/2022, 10:35 PM

Doesn't Vegas work with Truetype fonts? I use a number of them with E. Asian languages.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD and 2TB Samsung 980 Pro cache drive, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208
VEGAS Pro 22.93

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

seetharamaiah-velicheti wrote on 11/7/2022, 12:18 AM

Sir I will write a Telugu word with the help of Telugu language package given by Microsoft. you or any moderator, anyone from community, may please try to paste it in your Vegas Pro version and kindly give me feedback with a screenshot then I will be able to understand Sir.  Thanks in Advance. పుస్తకం       means,   'book'. (Note: I typed in English keyboard like, "pustakam' then it was printed as, పుస్తకం which means 'book', Please type in Vegas Pro like, pustakam and it must automatically type as పుస్తకం. Please verify whether the curvies, appear same to same.

FayFen wrote on 11/7/2022, 1:51 AM

pasting to VP19 on my system

And on the freeware Kdenlive

seetharamaiah-velicheti wrote on 4/15/2024, 7:53 AM

Yes Sir. When Kdenlive is able to do the work perfectly, why the famous Magix Vegas is not able to do. I wonder why they are not interested in making Vegas software to accept Indian fonts when Kdenlive, Adobe are able to do excellent work in this area. Unless Vegas incorporate universal fonts acceptance, Vegas Pro 12 or 22 or the same for me. For every new version Vegas boasts of color corrections,etc., etc., but they never bothered to accept universal fonts when their contenders like adobe, Kdenlive extra are doint the best in the field of acceptance of universal fonts including all Indian fonts. Thankyou.

RogerS wrote on 4/15/2024, 8:01 AM

The titling in VEGAS is old and needs an update in general. Everyone agrees, it's just a question of when it can happen.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD and 2TB Samsung 980 Pro cache drive, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208
VEGAS Pro 22.93

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

Former user wrote on 4/15/2024, 8:25 AM

@seetharamaiah-velicheti Hi, I don't know what is happening here but just thought I'd share my findings,, 🤷‍♂️

This is VP21 with your copied & pasted text

& this is in Gimp

BCC Title Studio

NewBlue Titler

NewBlue back in VP21

& this is Magix Movie Studio 2024.

lan-mLMC wrote on 4/15/2024, 8:25 AM

Yes Sir. When Kdenlive is able to do the work perfectly, why the famous Magix Vegas is not able to do.

They must have realized this. Just because there are more priority things to do at present, they can't focus on the Titler field immediately.

Petersson wrote on 4/15/2024, 6:17 PM

Managing fonts is really hard.

I worked as a typographic designer myself for about 20 years, and did create my own fonts.

So I know the pain.

The thing is that lot's of software are based on Unicode (the default ASCII range) and can't handle "non Western" fonts (most of which aren't Western-typefaces at all, but that's how we / they see it).

Take a look at this screen recording I made.

It shows the default Windows notepad and some non-default notepad.

The first one does understand (finally) non Western (Cyrillic) characters, but the second one doesn't, or very badly.

I paste a Indian word పుస్తకం in both notepad and the alternative software; it looks fine, until you select character by character. Then you see the second one is making the characters up, by combining keycodes (which is also done by emojis by the way).

But when I paste a default emoji (another font / typecase / non-Unicode) like 👍🏽 it really becomes nasty.

Notepad does accept it (it even shows both in the title-tab), but the alternative software switches to another font to keep in pace with the emoji and ruins both.

Interesting is that even when you remove ALL the characters and paste the పుస్తకం back, it still refuses to show it.

This is not a solution, it is just showing how difficult it is to do thing "good".

It is not easy to repair it, it must be done at the core of the sofware and font-rendering / -library it uses.

Petersson wrote on 4/15/2024, 6:24 PM

ADDITION

Screencapture of Vegas 21, build 260.

Vegas acts the same like the alternative notepad in my previous post.

At a fresh start, you can paste a word in the title generator, like పుస్తకం

It looks fine, you can edit it, but when you select "character by character" you see every each character is combined to make it one other character.

Also an emoji ( using Windows-key + ; ) does not "even" work : you see a square, meaning the font does not support it, or the rendering inside the textarea goes wrong.

When you delete the emoji, also the పుస్తకం is malformed and you can't get it back. Even not when deleting the complete media-FX.

Only a restart of Vegas and fresh initialize of the title-generator solves it, kind of.