Comments

JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/7/2013, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a sweet deal for people who don't own Photoshop but before you click... here is an update from that link:

Update: Adobe’s suffering server issues with the sheer number of people trying to download CS2 — it’s effectively being DDoS — so give it a while.

~jr
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 12:26 PM
"The important thing here is Photoshop CS2, but you also get illustrator. You need an adobe account to get it."

Did you download this? I just wanted to be sure that there's not something "fishy" about the offer / download. I googled the offer and a few of the sites (not the link you provided) that talks about the freebie offer caused IE to jump in with a "warning - site contains malicious content" prompt.

Thanks.
MUTTLEY wrote on 1/7/2013, 1:14 PM

IE is paranoid and I personally put zero stock into any of the warnings it may give. I doubt it's anything more than a basic cookie.

- Ray
Underground Planet
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 1:18 PM
I just installed it on my XP computer. Works fine, but the installation instructions are in error.

There are 3 exec files to download and they must be installed in the same directory, not the directories that it wants to install in, but you have to repoint the second 2 to the first directory.

Premiere is a separate download and requires a different serial, which I forgot to get and now I can't get back on the site.

Dave T2
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 1:22 PM
Thanks Dave. I'll keep ckecking on the Adobe site to get a "place in line" for the download ;-)

Jim
TheHappyFriar wrote on 1/7/2013, 1:24 PM
I didn't get it yet because Adobe's site is still down. Once I get it I'm not even sure I'll use it, but I'll try it out. I like Gimp, I'm used to Gimp, and what I can't do in Gimp I've learned how to do another way.

But everyone uses Photoshop....
Chienworks wrote on 1/7/2013, 2:18 PM
Wow. You actually like Gimp? Weird.

I know a lot of people who have used Gimp solely because it was free. However generally after i show them *any* other image editing software they swear off Gimp for life.
wwjd wrote on 1/7/2013, 3:38 PM
hehehehe everytime I install gimp, I uninstall it again immediately after first launching it. It just looks sooo redicurus. I'm sure it works great for many other people though.

Gotta love companies based largely online NOT knowing the server storm they will create with a free give away of a major product. (Adobe pages still down, probably will be for a few days)
GenJerDan wrote on 1/7/2013, 6:48 PM
Wish it was CS5 :^(

I've been babying my DVRack along on an old laptop running XP. It will die, sooner or later, and I'd hate to have to go out and find a cracked copy.
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 7:31 PM
Well, the Adobe server has come back to life and seems to be running wide open. I downloaded a whole batch of applications, (edit: Although I haven't installed any of 'em as of yet ;-)

musicvid10 wrote on 1/7/2013, 7:40 PM
Do I dare install on Vista?
TheHappyFriar wrote on 1/7/2013, 8:46 PM
Wow. You actually like Gimp? Weird.

I got used to it. One thing that drove me nuts about PS is every version would have a slight UI change. I found that a constant PITA.

hehehehe everytime I install gimp, I uninstall it again immediately after first launching it. It just looks sooo redicurus.

It actuatly looks like Photoshop for the Mac back in the late 90's. I used PS4 @ college on the windows NY machines but I worked across the screen @ the university helping setup & maintain SGI o2 machines. They has PS4 on those & they had a duel core G4 with PS4, and it looked just like Gimp did when I started using it ~2000ish. Adobe changed (from screenshots I've found) the Mac version to look more like the windows version.
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:20 PM
Site is up again as of 10:21 EST US.

Dave T2
musicvid10 wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:21 PM
I finally upgraded my Photoshop 5.0 (1998)!

Yes, it installed on Vista. UAC disabled, ran the installer in XP SP2 compatibility mode. Restarted.

Windows startup seems a bit slower. I'll see what runs at startup and see if I can disable it.
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:29 PM
GenJerDan,

Find someone who has the Mac version of CS3. the had DVrack included but it would only run on windows.
Separate install serial if I remember correctly.

Dave T2
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:29 PM
Musicvid,

It might be Version Cue. I always disable it. Or Adobe updater.

Dave T2
musicvid10 wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:34 PM
It was Version Cue. Thanks.
Opampman wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:38 PM
Install is kind of flakey. It puts it in 2 directories and won't install disc 2 and 3. Just says it's reading file and then complete, but never installs anything but photoshop. Any clues?

Kent
autopilot wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:41 PM
Is there an Audition download in CS2, or maybe a separate download?

I was hoping to get a separate download.
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:43 PM
Kent,

Yeah I try to explain that earlier.

Don't take the default install on disks 2 and 3. Point them to the same folder as you installed disk 1. It will then install fine.

Dave T2
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 9:45 PM
Autopilot, yes there is a separate download for Audition 3.

Dave T2
Opampman wrote on 1/7/2013, 10:06 PM
DaveT2 - Yeah, I saw that above but the first disc lists two different directories it's installing in. First it says it will install in C:\Creative Suite CS2 and then when you accept the agreement it says it's installing in C:\Program Files\Adobe. Discs 2 and 3 won't install properly in either of these so I may just take another approach. Thanks for your help.

Kent
Former user wrote on 1/7/2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I had to manually track down where the first disk installed and force the other two. It worked for me. It wants to install in the Root but it is actually iin a subfolder in that directory.

Dave T2
GenJerDan wrote on 1/7/2013, 10:19 PM
Find someone who has the Mac version of CS3. the had DVrack included but it would only run on windows.

Well, CS3 isn't available, either. :p

Anyway, the problem is that Serious Magic used some third party authorization/activation company which won't handle DVRack anymore (and they may even be out of business by now). We DVRack users are screwed if we ever need to reinstall. Our serial numbers aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Supposedly, there's a work-around. I think I have the instructions...somewhere....I think.