Anomalies using VEGAS Storyboard

Widetrack wrote on 9/8/2019, 3:12 PM

How can I put two events, that are different sections of the same clip, on the storyboard and timeline? I can make sub-clips in the Trimmer, and put them on the timeline, move them around etc., but only one thumbnail of the clip appears in the Storyboard.

Comments

zdogg wrote on 9/8/2019, 3:50 PM

Did not know that. Does giving those clips distinctly different names change that?

Now, going beyond that idea, you could utilize Happy Otter Scripts (still free beta version) to create lossless copies (HOS render events, or Smart Video Trim) - especially if you'd be wanting to get rid of unused sections anyway, you'd trim for the sections you'd desire to keep and then delete the original. Your copies would be indistinguishable from the orig.

Widetrack wrote on 9/8/2019, 4:24 PM

@zdogg: I did give them different names, although just by dint of adding a "1" and a "2" respectively.

Would that be better than making subclips in the Trimmer? Seems like it would take longer and possibly limit future trimming, unless I HOS-rendered the whole clip.

I'm Curious.

Widetrack wrote on 9/8/2019, 7:14 PM

Update: Good news: My first tries were in VP16, but I just tried again in VP17 and adding different events from the same clip, via the Trimmer, does cause a new event to appear in the Storyboard.

Not So Good news: In the storyboard, you can't rename the various events with different names. If you change any one, it changes the entire clip name.

But on the timeline, you can rename individual "events" you pull via the Trimmer, but the new names are not reflected in the Storyboard.

Storyboard's a good idea, but it's clearly not implemented completely. It feels like a Beta feature