Any way to purchase VP13 license? Yes I am serious.

hambonio wrote on 4/29/2023, 6:14 PM

Does anyone know how I can purchase a key for VP13 specifically?

I have licenses for:

VP8

V9

VP11

VP14

VP17

VP18

2xVP19

2xVP20

So I hope this does not sound like I am a habitual hacker, but I need specifically VP13 as I have Pluraleyes 3.5 and VP13 seems to be the only version that can not only support Pluraleyes 3.5, but also handle my newest 10-bit file formats (partially - I get only a green picture in the display, but files still sync nicely and I can save the file then open VP20 - Proxies also seem to work).

Currently the only way I have been able to use Pluraleyes is with a crack of VP13. And of course all the 2167 viruses that file contains that will unleash themselves in 2033. Which in this case I always use Acronis to go back to a "before" state after I am done syncing a project to keep it limited on my system.

I don't want to pay a subscription for newer Pluraleyes, as 3.5 works just fine for my needs and I own it. Syncalia pricing is also skyrocketing it seems and not sure how well that works within VP like Pluraleyes does. VP audio syncing is horrific, even when I seemingly have very clear audio of all sources.

Now I ran into the issue today where I went to do a clean install on my PC, and realized Microsoft Defender devoured my file location that I need for this workaround. Not surprised, but usually I had it well protected and must have missed it when it tried removing the last time. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Having a legitimate key for VP13 would make life so much simpler, and I would not have to worry about what that crack might contain and not have to restore my system so often. I have always been willing to pay for a license, just never have found a way to get one. I know my workaround for the entire process might sound insane but it works. I refuse to join the "You will own nothing and be happy" crowd by paying insane subscription fees. (Although I may as well be paying for VP subscription with all my licenses :D) At least I know I OWN the software, and don't HAVE to upgrade.
ย 

ย 

Comments

StealthStarSwag wrote on 5/1/2023, 1:27 AM

Hi @hambonio,

I would think the safest way to legally obtain a Vegas Pro 13 key/license is to purchase one on the secondary market though Amazon or eBay. I cannot speak to the safety of other platforms that sell antiquated video editing software, but if those other websites have a good reputation and safeguards in place to prevent scammers, you might want to see if they have the program. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gene-Hirschel wrote on 5/1/2023, 2:03 AM

Send me a PM on facebook messenger Gene Hirschel I will help you.

hambonio wrote on 5/1/2023, 7:16 AM

Hi @hambonio,

I would think the safest way to legally obtain a Vegas Pro 13 key/license is to purchase one on the secondary market though Amazon or eBay. I cannot speak to the safety of other platforms that sell antiquated video editing software, but if those other websites have a good reputation and safeguards in place to prevent scammers, you might want to see if they have the program. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The good news is I still have the original VP13 software that came directly from Sony's site - so the program itself I know is clean. I just need a way to activate it. It looks like I may be out of luck as anyone selling a license seems to be in the $300-$500 range. Then I would have to fully trust that on top of that the key I would be receiving would be able to be fully transferred to me. Not sure I can stomach that route. It seems like an outrageous amount of stress and price to pay to activate outdated software just to use ONE outdated plugin.

RogerS wrote on 5/1/2023, 7:26 AM

Try Reddit or elsewhere- should be able to do a private sale for cheap. Feel them out until you think it's reasonably trustworthy.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

Dexcon wrote on 5/1/2023, 7:38 AM

Since you have so many Vegas Pro licensed versions from the MAGIX era of ownership (VP14 and later) and you say that you have a Sony sourced VP13 version, then why not go to your MAGIX My Account and under My Products you should find your serial number for Vegas Pro 13. But then your original post didn't list Vegas Pro 13 as licensed so maybe it was a trial version.

It would seem that you are between a rock and a hard place. If Pluraleyes 3.5 is so important, then perhaps the high asking price for a 2nd hand Vegas Pro 13 is probably worth it, particularly considering that you've apparently got around 10 years of use out of - it would seem - a non-licensed version of Vegas Pro 13.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

wwaag wrote on 5/1/2023, 9:20 AM

@hambonio

If all you need a V13 license for is audio syncing, you might consider the HOS tool AudioSyncR. Unlike PE, it was designed specifically for Vegas and offers features not available in PE. Here is a link to the home page which describes ASR and provides a few demos. There's a 30 day trial period. https://tools4vegas.com/home/

BTW, I did a quick search on Ebay using "sony vegas pro 13" and found only 1 hit--Buy it now for $595 and a starting bid of $295 which is outrageous.

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

wjauch wrote on 5/1/2023, 9:31 AM

Keep an eye out for a Pluraleyes 4 license to buy on eBay?

RogerS wrote on 5/1/2023, 9:32 AM

Another idea would be to try to get a PE4 license on the used market from someone who doesn't use it anymore and then you can use Vegas up to 20. It is a discontinued program though so who knows if it will keep working into the future.

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

hambonio wrote on 5/1/2023, 9:35 AM

Since you have so many Vegas Pro licensed versions from the MAGIX era of ownership (VP14 and later) and you say that you have a Sony sourced VP13 version, then why not go to your MAGIX My Account and under My Products you should find your serial number for Vegas Pro 13. But then your original post didn't list Vegas Pro 13 as licensed so maybe it was a trial version.

It would seem that you are between a rock and a hard place. If Pluraleyes 3.5 is so important, then perhaps the high asking price for a 2nd hand Vegas Pro 13 is probably worth it, particularly considering that you've apparently got around 10 years of use out of - it would seem - a non-licensed version of Vegas Pro 13.

There are no download links under trial versions I have requested over the years but they still show up as a trial that I used in my account. Only links for versions I have a license for are available. Not to worry though, because I still have the original program file from the trial.

@hambonio

If all you need a V13 license for is audio syncing, you might consider the HOS tool AudioSyncR. Unlike PE, it was designed specifically for Vegas and offers features not available in PE. Here is a link to the home page which describes ASR and provides a few demos. There's a 30 day trial period. https://tools4vegas.com/home/

BTW, I did a quick search on Ebay using "sony vegas pro 13" and found only 1 hit--Buy it now for $595 and a starting bid of $295 which is outrageous.

I tried HOS a while back but don't remember it working quite as well. I will look at it again. Thanks.

john_dennis wrote on 5/1/2023, 10:05 AM

I was reminded of the downward-sloping Demand Curve and the upward-sloping Supply Curve graphs from Economics 100B. You may well be in the red area of the curve.

With apologies to the folks at Saylor Academy who are just trying to do some useful work.

I've had my first cup of coffee, now and I'll move on to some useful work.

wwaag wrote on 5/1/2023, 10:17 AM

To John's point, if I had an extra PE4 license, I'd be asking $500 or more since you can no longer get a license from Maxxon. Fortunately, I had purchased an upgrade license to PE4 for around $100. After Adobe went to the subscription model, versions of Photoshop and Premiere were selling for $1500 or more. As an aside, the only version of PE I regularly used was the original by Singular since it was more accurate in that it enabled sub-frame placement, unlike the later versions of PE which are only accurate to the nearest frame.

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

hambonio wrote on 5/1/2023, 8:50 PM

I was reminded of the downward-sloping Demand Curve and the upward-sloping Supply Curve graphs from Economics 100B. You may well be in the red area of the curve.

With apologies to the folks at Saylor Academy who are just trying to do some useful work.

I've had my first cup of coffee, now and I'll move on to some useful work.

Glad I am "somewhere" in the red!

To John's point, if I had an extra PE4 license, I'd be asking $500 or more since you can no longer get a license from Maxxon. Fortunately, I had purchased an upgrade license to PE4 for around $100. After Adobe went to the subscription model, versions of Photoshop and Premiere were selling for $1500 or more. As an aside, the only version of PE I regularly used was the original by Singular since it was more accurate in that it enabled sub-frame placement, unlike the later versions of PE which are only accurate to the nearest frame.

I guess this is how I feel about my Acronis license (x5). I use this as often as I install VP13 just to roll back Windows. Thankfully I have a mostly recent version that works flawlessly (2020). Shortly after they joined the ranks of subscription service and no longer offer perpetual licenses. I will never give this up!

EDIT: I tried installing VP11 again. I always had issues before because it told me the download was corrupted every time I tried downloading from the service center. After watching closely today I realized it was only the Microsoft .net 3.5 SP1 that was having issues and stopping the installation. So I went to Microsoft separately and installed it by itself then VP11 installed just fine. However, PE 3.5 does not show up. And the scaling on that version does not play pretty with 4k.