[bug] Re-enable Vegas 20, build 306

Peterson wrote on 5/9/2023, 9:43 AM

Vegas 20 has serious bugs regarding VST 2 / 3 support, but build 306 was (with a lot of workarounds) somehow doable.

Build 403 destroyed all support for professional 3rd party plugins from companies like Melda and superb standalones like LoudMax.

This is an extreme serious issue, because build 403 will simply kill your workflow if you use any of those professional plugins (some of them cost more than $ 1.000,-).

The only way to keep on using Vegas, is using build 306.

But that build crashes after the splashscreen due to "some" reason.

I wrote a script that reverts the systemdate back to May 2nd (when Vegas didn't crash), starts Vegas (build 306) and re-enables the current date.

Please don't tell me Vegas is great and I am just nitpicking with my plugin issues, because I have spent more time in problem solving than using Vegas, and that cost me a lot of money (so I am serious here).

THIS CODE IS REMOVED IN REQUEST OF VEGAS

Save this file as a .bat file, run it as admin and build 306 (plus the support for professional third party plugins) is enabled.

I seriously hope Vegas will fix it and get their sh*t together with there promise of "full support for VST 2 / 3".

Comments

john_dennis wrote on 5/9/2023, 10:08 AM

I usually do this kind of revision with Macrium Reflect. With an NVMe disk, one image of a dual boot system can be restored quickly.

Peterson wrote on 5/9/2023, 12:18 PM

I usually do this kind of revision with Macrium Reflect. With an NVMe disk, one image of a dual boot system can be restored quickly.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

I need to run Vegas 20 / 306 because Vegas 20 / 403 is totally unworkable with most VST plugins.

And Vegas 20 / 306 only works until May 2nd 2023, after that it stops working.

So I created a .bat file (and compiled it to a 64-bit .exe) that sets the system date in history, fires Vegas 20 / 306 and set the date back to today.

It's not possible to work like a professional using Vegas, without writing your own libraries.