Can't load original project file or backup file after BSOD

Bartholomew wrote on 9/17/2023, 8:55 AM

Hi,

I had a BSOD during working on my project. After the restart of PC, the original .veg file and also a backup file (after renaming it) doesn't open. Loading stops at 2% and then Vegas Pro starts to utilize all available RAM (in my case about 27 GB), when using only about 10% of the CPU (i9-12900K). After couple of minutes there is an error and program is closing itself.

What can I do and how to restore my project?

Crash info:

Extra Information
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\fileio_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\persist.prefs
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\MAGIX\FileIO\1.0\So4HardwareDetectionError.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\MAGIX\FileIO\1.0\So4HardwareDetectionOutput.xml
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\ocio_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\vst_grovel.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\vegas_script_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\20.0\gpu_video_x64.log
   File:                C:\Users\K\Desktop\lls5-m1-kopia.veg

Problem Description
   Application Name:    VEGAS Pro
   Application Version: Version 20.0 (Build 411)
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 20.0\OFX Video Plug-Ins\MagixCVFx.ofx.bundle\Contents\Win64\MagixCVFx.ofx
   Fault Address:       0x00007FFD7D22CAF8
   Fault Offset:        0x00000000003BCAF8

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 20.0\vegas200.exe
   Process Version:     Version 20.0 (Build 411)
   Process Description: VEGAS Pro
   Process Image Date:  2023-06-12 (Mon Jun 12) 18:23:12

Comments

john_dennis wrote on 9/17/2023, 10:03 AM

BSOD are often Windows system killers. I'd restore my system image to a period that was working before I started messing with Vegas projects. That would take me about the same amount of time that it took me to type this. I type slowly and I save a current copy of my system image on NVMe disk that's mounted all of the time.

Oh, one more thing. I'd verify system hardware while I was at it.