Closed Captioning still does not work

pctechtv wrote on 7/16/2014, 2:19 PM
I still cannot see closed captions on the time line after adding one. It kinda of flashes and shows randomly. Tech support said that would be fixed with future update I guess not this (vegaspro13.0.373_64bit) one? Does anybody know anymore. I learned about this being a bug here:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=4&MessageID=899691
Thanks

Comments

Tom Pauncz wrote on 7/16/2014, 3:14 PM
Correct - just verified this on build 373. Totally unusable for broadcast work.

If SCS is looking in, please make this a top priority.

Tom
skosh wrote on 7/17/2014, 8:24 PM
Hopefully this will be resolved in the next update as I need to add CC as well. It has been around for many versions and even has this page http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/add_closed_captions_to_your_video_project touting itself as an innovator and how it shines. Please fix this.
ReceptorDeceptor wrote on 10/18/2014, 11:28 AM
Same problem here - VP13, build 373. The CC's aren't displayed at all, or sometimes the first CC entry shows OK, but it gets stuck there and simply the CC's after that aren't displayed at all. This is simply not acceptable -- I haven't experienced this bug in any previous versions of Vegas Pro. This should be fixed ASAP since a lot of people need to use closed captioning in their work. Anyone home at Sony's software development department?

blainezc5 wrote on 10/28/2014, 1:00 PM
I agree. I need this - the only reason I am using Vegas. Fortunately I have the older versions 10, 11, & 12 which all work right for closed captions.
NickHope wrote on 11/25/2014, 11:52 PM
VP13 build 428 still has this problem.

A closed caption is only displayed if playback is commenced from a point during its duration on the timeline. During playback the caption markers are failing to trigger the caption to display on and display off.

Thankfully the VP13 project format is backwards compatible to VP12, which doesn't have this problem. I know that doesn't help anyone who doesn't have licenses for both.
pctechtv wrote on 12/7/2014, 11:29 AM
Yes, still not working? i don't know what the people at Vegas are doing. I realize that they must have a lot to do and fix, but how could a feature this important be this neglected???
videoITguy wrote on 12/7/2014, 4:05 PM
yes, the fix has been published. You open a VegasProject Version 13 in Version 12 program and your settings are retained...this kind of backward versatility is only allowable between 13 and 12. It was actually an SCS programmer's mistake, and when they - the SCS staff- threatened to disable it as per their standard programming practice. Well there was such a large hugh and cry from the community, they relented to allowing it to pass the builds currently in distribution.
pctechtv wrote on 12/18/2014, 3:20 AM
Hi, I am not clear on what you are saying. Sounds like you are talking about opening old project in Vegas when CC was not working in the new release of 13? I have started project in 13 with no sign of old projects, and Closed Captioning does not work. I have been trying to communicate with Sony staff for some time now and they keep giving a quick reply that it will be addressed in future update. I don't know which future update they are referring to. There have been there and no change has happened with Closed Captioning. I have had to move back to Premiere to get my work done. Or are you saying that you have to work between both in order to use closed captioning. With all do respect to the Vegas team that is too jokey! This is supposed to be a Pro product, that work around sounds like the instructions for some type of crack or warez site. How do they know some one is going to have access to both, that is just plum silly (no disrespect to anyone). I wish they would be more professional and just say its going to be dumped. Thanks
videoITguy wrote on 12/18/2014, 8:25 AM
The problem you are apparently not understanding - the CC works in Version 12. Version 13 is the same code as Version except for one small tweak. Yes, SCS should fix the tweak, but they haven't yet.
NickHope wrote on 12/19/2014, 1:23 AM
videoITguy wrote: "It was actually an SCS programmer's mistake, and when they - the SCS staff- threatened to disable it as per their standard programming practice. Well there was such a large hugh and cry from the community, they relented to allowing it to pass the builds currently in distribution."

How do you know this?
videoITguy wrote on 12/19/2014, 3:34 AM
Because one of the SCS staff, maybe Chris Dolan - I am not sure, or someone from SCS monitoring this forum acknowledged it long before the second build of Version13 was posted. This is actually referring specifically to the fact that Vegas13 projects are backward compatible with Version12 - because the codebase is largely the same.
NickHope wrote on 12/19/2014, 7:49 AM
The oversight that Chris Dolan acknowledged was that VP13 could not import Movie Sutdio 13.vf files.

It's a wild assumption to say that an SCS programmer made a mistake by allowing backwards compatibility from VP13 to VP12, and I see you've disseminated this conjecture on other threads too. It may very well have been a design decision.
videoITguy wrote on 12/19/2014, 8:20 AM
Scroll to the bottom of the delightful thread that you are citing in this reference.
NickHope wrote on 4/7/2015, 2:07 AM
This is finally fixed in VP13.0 build 444