Comments

john_dennis wrote on 2/24/2020, 8:58 AM

Double Click on the region tab to select everything within the region. Move the cursor to the new location and hit Control-V

marcinzm wrote on 2/24/2020, 10:22 AM

I would like to copy everything within region with region markers too to the new project. How can I do it?

fr0sty wrote on 2/24/2020, 11:44 AM

Don't forget to hit ctrl+c to copy first, to add on to John's recommendation.

As for how to copy the region markers themselves, I'm not sure it can be done... maybe with a script.

john_dennis wrote on 2/24/2020, 12:00 PM

To copy markers from one project to another...

Big caveat: If you're pasting to a different location on the new timeline, the markers likely won't be in the correct location relative to your previously pasted region. All may not be lost, though. If you select all the markers and slide them to the correct location based on some common reference point, like a marker coincident with the beginning of the region.

marcinzm wrote on 2/26/2020, 7:25 AM

Thank you all for replies, I will test John Dennis solution. I hope it will help me in the future.

wwaag wrote on 2/26/2020, 12:08 PM

If you want to copy regions (or markers) from one project to another, it's really pretty simple using the Edit Details window (Alt-6). Here's a few screengrabs showing how.

First, the timeline showing regions in a V14 project

Open the edit details window, select regions, select all and then Ctrl-C.

Now open your destination project--in this case, a project in V16 and select edit details again and click on Paste.

Once pasted, it shows this.

And finally, the V16 timeline showing regions.

You can use the same procedure for copying markers. So basically, first copy all of your video and audio events to your new project and then copy the regions using the above procedure. It's not very elegant, but it does work.

marcinzm wrote on 2/26/2020, 3:11 PM

Thank you Wwag for your reply and screenshots.