Comments

Marco. wrote on 7/15/2019, 1:34 PM

Ungroup the audio and the video event before applying the transition.

georgiaguy wrote on 7/15/2019, 1:56 PM

Thanks, but I meant as a default. May have 100s per video and there really just isn't a need for audio "tail off" on the majority of transitions.

j-v wrote on 7/15/2019, 3:18 PM

Select something of the first event, push Ctrl-A, than push U

met vriendelijke groet
Marten

Camera : Pan X900, GoPro Hero7 Hero Black, DJI Osmo Pocket, Samsung Galaxy A8
Desktop :MB Gigabyte Z390M, W11 home version 23H2, i7 9700 4.7Ghz,16 DDR4 GB RAM, Gef. GTX 1660 Ti with driver
560.70 Studiodriver and Intel HD graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Laptop  :Asus ROG Str G712L, W11 home version 23H2, CPU i7-10875H, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Studiodriver 560.70 and Intel UHD Graphics 630 with driver 31.0.101.2127
Vegas software: VP 10 to 21 and VMS(pl) 10,12 to 17.
TV      :LG 4K 55EG960V

My slogan is: BE OR BECOME A STEM CELL DONOR!!! (because it saved my life in 2016)

georgiaguy wrote on 7/15/2019, 5:44 PM

Thanks, but I don't want to "UNGROUP" events... if re-edits are needed later that makes it a hassle in a 30 min video with 1000s of edit points. I simply want the transitions... to be applied to the video, not the audio. It actually makes no sense to have this set as the default anyways as it cuts out.

Marco. wrote on 7/16/2019, 1:58 AM

You can set Movie Studio to ignore grouping globally. No need to ungroup single clips.

Former user wrote on 7/16/2019, 8:03 AM

How are you creating the transitions?

georgiaguy wrote on 7/16/2019, 9:01 AM

Simple cross... drag the clips. But the transitions always apply to both video and audio. it would be nice to have a default.

Former user wrote on 7/16/2019, 9:08 AM

Well it is not really that simple. Where would you like the audio to cut? In the middle of the dissolve, beginning or end? Not every situation will be the same.

If you use the "/" to create the fade, audio is not affected.

georgiaguy wrote on 7/16/2019, 3:36 PM

I think your missing the work flow. Cut a track... i.e. the person talking pauses....overlap with the default crossfade... 1 sec long. It fades both video and audio. No need to CUT audio as it's already cut.

EricLNZ wrote on 7/16/2019, 7:11 PM

I think your missing the work flow. Cut a track... i.e. the person talking pauses....overlap with the default crossfade... 1 sec long. It fades both video and audio. No need to CUT audio as it's already cut.

Does that mean your audio track is cut shorter than the video track? So when your video track overlaps the "cut" audio track should just join the previous clip's audio? Perhaps a screenshot of what you are trying to do would help us understand.

Former user wrote on 7/16/2019, 9:01 PM

Yeah, not sure what you are doing. My suggestion puts a crossfade on the video with out affecting the audio.

georgiaguy wrote on 7/17/2019, 4:35 AM

Person is speaking... cut track... drag onto previous for 1 sec.... auto cross applies to both video and audio. However, it "clips" or mutes the audio which is not needed. There may be 100s and 100s of these in one video.

Marco. wrote on 7/17/2019, 4:43 AM

This does not happen if you'd use the method Dot mentioned.

georgiaguy wrote on 7/17/2019, 7:28 AM

Well it is not really that simple. Where would you like the audio to cut? In the middle of the dissolve, beginning or end? Not every situation will be the same.

If you use the "/" to create the fade, audio is not affected.

Sorry.. missing what the "/" method is....

FayFen wrote on 7/18/2019, 1:44 AM

Sorry to bring it up , but what is the / thing? it's a shortcut? here it does nothing

** Oh,,, I found it, it's only the numeric / , not the other on my "?/." key.

Great feature!! (Nothing about it in the pdf but OK on the chm)

Marco. wrote on 7/18/2019, 1:49 AM

Yes.

EricLNZ wrote on 7/18/2019, 4:54 AM

Sorry to bring it up , but what is the / thing? it's a shortcut? here it does nothing

I cannot get this to work. I don't have " /" in my numeric keypad. " /" sits above between "NumLk" and "*". Neither it or the "/" on my main keyboard keys do anything when I drag one clip over another. What am I missing?

georgiaguy wrote on 7/18/2019, 5:17 AM

I cannot get this to work. I don't have " /" in my numeric keypad. " /" sits above between "NumLk" and "*". Neither it or the "/" on my main keyboard keys do anything when I drag one clip over another. What am I missing?

I agree... just tried it and no change.

Marco. wrote on 7/18/2019, 5:24 AM

"Neither it or the "/" on my main keyboard keys do anything when I drag one clip over another. What am I missing?"

Using "/" on the numeric keyboard does not need to drag one clip over another, actually it could not work if you did this before. It needs a straight cut – without gap, without overlap – to work.

Put the timeline cursor exactly on the cut between two Events, then hit (numeric) "/".

EricLNZ wrote on 7/18/2019, 6:04 AM

Thanks Marco. I've got it to work. The second event needs to be selected for it to work. Not something I'd use. I'm the other way around to Georgiaguy as usually with straight video cuts I have my audio slightly longer than the video so it fades into the next audio event to avoid abrupt changes.

Former user wrote on 7/18/2019, 8:04 AM

EricLNZ, if you select the edge on the audio track, the numeric "/" does the same thing for audio. It puts in the default transition.

Marco. wrote on 7/18/2019, 8:14 AM

"The second event needs to be selected for it to work."

There should be no need to select an Event at all. Only the affected track needs to be selected. At least this is how it works here on my system. What it would prevent from working is if an Event is selected which does not belong to the transition.

georgiaguy wrote on 7/18/2019, 9:55 AM

That works.... Example... select track and hit "S" to split first. drag and edit where needed. Then "butt" the tracks together again and hit the "/". only the video is crossfaded. Thanks for the help.

georgiaguy wrote on 7/18/2019, 10:01 AM

Actually..... I take that back.... because it actually CLIPS the audio and removes it rather than leaving it "unfaded" I guess we'll say. You can tell by separating the events after you have done it.