I have tried and failed and searched without finding the right answers. I usually work in Avid at work, switching to Vegas is a bit counter-intuitive at times. I am used to work a lot with trimmer/viewer and timeline, and there are a couple of shortcuts I am missing, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.
I really would appreciate all the help I could get in customising my keyboard to do the following things:
- Jump to in point/out point. (In Avid I have this set to arrow up/arrow down)
- Clear in and out point.
- In timeline, when marking a clip- I would love if I could set in/out point on that clip in a single click.
- Add trimmer selection to the timeline. (In avid when I press F9, I will insert it in the timeline- pushing everything behind the needle forward. If I press F10 I will overwrite everything behind the needle. To have these two options is a big time saver, especially when working with heavy timelines)
- Add trimmer selection to timeline without audio. (This too is a huge timesaver. I just find it clunky to right click - drop - select add media without audio.... And a lot of the times when I try to drag media from trimmer i accidentally move the in and out points, so I have to find my points all over again. Is there at least a way to only choose in and out point with keyboard?)
- Jump to start/end of timeline.