Comments

john_dennis wrote on 8/5/2011, 10:29 PM
I haven't gotten much satisfaction from it, but:

The following was shamelessly copied from this Creative Cow thread.

"Re: Setting Default Fade types ( did I read correctly )"

UlfLaursen wrote on 8/5/2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks a lot :)

/Ulf
altarvic wrote on 8/6/2011, 4:59 AM
Options > Preferences > External Control & Automation > New video event opacity
Randy Brown wrote on 8/6/2011, 6:19 AM
Options > Preferences > External Control & Automation > New video event opacity

This doesn't appear to change what I would like to change, the default audio fade.
I've changed every option to smooth and still when I fade audio I get the top fade (in the right-click menu) rather than the 3rd (smooth).
For me, it would be really nice to be able to have it default to smooth because the rest of the options just aren't....well....smooth enough.
altarvic wrote on 8/6/2011, 8:52 AM
option is called "New video event opacity"...
You want "New audio event gain" (works for me)
Randy Brown wrote on 8/6/2011, 9:36 AM
yessir I have that set to smooth...maybe we're talking about 2 different things though.
When I do a slip edit and then want to do say a 2 second fade on the audio I always have to right click and choose the 3rd option ...is their a way I can make that option my default?
Thanks,
Randy
bamboozler wrote on 11/24/2012, 11:10 AM
Hi,

This is what I want to do, and did it on my old PC. I just got a new PC recently and installed the same Vegas MS HD 11 I had on my old one, but now I don't have an "Internal" tab under preferences any more.

How is this possible? Is there any way to make it return? I tried restarting the program, maybe reinstall the entire program?

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks
john_dennis wrote on 11/24/2012, 11:47 AM
Make sure on the Preferences tab you Shift+Click on the Options menu and the Internal tab should appear. Dont have the version so I can't verify.
bamboozler wrote on 12/4/2012, 9:16 PM
super fantastic! I got very distracted but finally got back to this, and you're right-holding shift made the tab appear. Thanks, John!