Exporting individual Tracks

beugnet wrote on 1/8/2006, 7:33 AM
Hello all,

Is there a script out there to export each individual (sound) track?
I have this huge sound project, becoming shortly an animated 26 mn special for French TV.
The sound company I work with is asking me for all my individual sound elements. I have about 20 sound tracks that I have to export on regular basis. My programming knowledge being really crappy, I figured that there may be an existing script I could use. I searched this forum for such a one, to no avail...
Has anyone here written something that I could use? Or have a workaround?
I have tried exporting to aaf format but for some reason, it doesnt work...

Thanks a lot in advance,

Pierre Coffin
Passion Paris

Comments

PipelineAudio wrote on 1/8/2006, 10:42 PM
I think this is the same thing I need
JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/9/2006, 2:48 PM
I’m working on something for the both of you. It has a GUI with options and it should be complete soon (kinda working on it on my spare time since your original post). Hang in there, it’s almost done. ;-)

~jr
beugnet wrote on 1/10/2006, 12:14 AM
Wow! That would be super cool :)
Thanks very much in advance!

Pierre
JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/15/2006, 11:13 AM
OK. Trackalizer the Audio track exporter for Sony Vegas® is available. Sorry it took so long but there were some personal things that got it the way this week.

Trackalizer will help you export your audio tracks as separate wave files. Each audio track that you include will be a continuous wave file starting at the beginning of the project and continuing to the end. There is an option to export without any FX so you can process the tracks in another multi-track audio application.

You can get it from the VASST Freeware page.

There is no way in the current Vegas Script API to tell if an audio event is stereo or mono so there was no way to automatically detect this and render the appropriate filetype (sorry). You can only choose one template and everything will be rendered the same. This is why I gave you the ability to only render selected tracks. You could select all of the stereo tracks in one pass and all of the mono tracks in another.

It will use the track name as the wave file name. If there is no name, it uses the word “Track” and then the track number.

Enjoy,

~jr
PipelineAudio wrote on 1/15/2006, 2:45 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

OK just a couple of things

1. Is there a way to specify where the END of the render will be? This one is just going for the whole 90 minutes when I only need much less than that

2. Are track settings like normalize and event fades included?

3. Are volume and pan envelopes included?

Working good so far!

Thanks a BILLION!!!!
PipelineAudio wrote on 1/15/2006, 4:18 PM
are channel pan settings and volume included?
JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/15/2006, 4:25 PM
> 1. Is there a way to specify where the END of the render will be? This one is just going for the whole 90 minutes when I only need much less than that

There is now. Please download version 1.1 which now includes the ability to Render Looped Region only. You can get it here. (wow, 1.0 was a short lived release) ;-)

> 2. Are track settings like normalize and event fades included?

Yes. It is just doing a render from Vegas just as if you had soloed the track and done a manual render.

> 3. Are volume and pan envelopes included?

Yes, there is no way to affect volume and pan from the Script API. I know you wanted them set to zero and center respectively but it cannot currently be done. Please submit a Product Suggestion to add more control of audio tracks like volume and pan. You need to let Sony know you want these available to script writers.

~jr
PipelineAudio wrote on 1/15/2006, 4:34 PM
man THATS sevice!!!

Using it already, once its done Ill go to 1.1 and see what happens

Thanks a ton man!!!
PipelineAudio wrote on 1/15/2006, 4:40 PM
1.1.0 AWESOME!!!!

Thanks a bunch this is just great! Working fabulously
JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/15/2006, 5:43 PM
Great. I’m glad I could help. If you think people on the Vegas Audio forum could use it, please let them know about it.

~jr
beugnet wrote on 1/16/2006, 12:12 AM
Sorry to arrive so late.
Thanks a lot for this script!
Its great and incredibly usefull.

Wow :)

Thanks,

Beugnet
beugnet wrote on 1/16/2006, 1:45 AM
Hello again JohnnyRoy,

I've installed the script but I have a weird Error Message (sorry for the weird translation but I'm working on a French XP) :
Trackalizer - Error
The reference object is not defined to an instance of an object.

Am I the only one here?

Help,

Beugnet

PS I'm on Vegas 6c. Every other scripts work fine...
JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/16/2006, 8:38 AM
Beugnet, You should not be getting that. What are the exact steps to reproduce the error? I’ll try and reproduce it here and fix it.

~jr
beugnet wrote on 1/16/2006, 9:29 AM
I havent done anything weird, thats the thing...
Installed the software, everything by default.
I Import a movie with a soundtrack in Vegas.
Click on Trackalizer script : kaboom. The error message listed above.
I've unloaded Media Manager. I dont think its linked, but I'm investigating.
Whats weird is that all my other scripts work.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

Beugnet
beugnet wrote on 1/16/2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry to reply to myself.
I've tested the script on 2 different computers. Same error.
Will pursue testing tomorrow.

Beugnet
Geraldo wrote on 1/17/2006, 3:56 AM
"I've installed the script but I have a weird Error Message (sorry for the weird translation but I'm working on a French XP) :
Trackalizer - Error
The reference object is not defined to an instance of an object.
Am I the only one here?
Help,
Beugnet"

Same here! Can't run it... :-(
beugnet wrote on 1/17/2006, 5:25 AM
Good to know I'm not alone :)
Weird though, all the other JohnnyRoy script work just fine...

Geraldo wrote on 1/17/2006, 6:06 AM
"Weird though, all the other JohnnyRoy script work just fine..."
Right!
PipelineAudio wrote on 1/17/2006, 8:30 AM
Nuts I am usually the one with all the crazy computer problems and its working perfect here
JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/17/2006, 10:39 PM
That’s weird. You don’t even get the GUI. What versions of Vegas are you using? I’m testing here on Vegas 5.0d and Vegas 6.0c and it works. Try invoking it on an empty project just to see if it comes up.

~jr
beugnet wrote on 1/17/2006, 11:09 PM
I'm using Vegas6c. I've tried the script in Vegas5 and... got the same error message.
Tried invoking it on an empty project, same error message. Reinstalled Vegas, same error. All this on 2 different computers.
Hum... Dont know what else to try...
The thing that is really weird is that your other plugin/scripts (DVDPrep and SubText) work fine.

Beugnet
Geraldo wrote on 1/18/2006, 3:03 AM
I've tried everything...Vegas 5 and 6b...nothing.
Same error... :-(
Best...
JohnnyRoy wrote on 1/18/2006, 4:55 AM
OK, can you guys contact me off-line so I can get new builds to you? Just use the email link in my profile here in the forum. We’ll figure this out and get you working.

~jr
roger_74 wrote on 1/18/2006, 6:18 AM
JohnnyRoy, are you making any assumptions as to what thousands separator character (or any other character that could differ) is currently in use?

I would bet good money that the problem goes away if beugnet and Geraldo set their Regional Options to English (United States).

Thousands separator and other regional characters are accessible in the System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo class.