Failed to Initialize GPU

John Lewis wrote on 2/21/2018, 5:21 AM

1. Installed on a 2nd PC and get crash every time i run and it happens during initialising GPU

I did get this on previous version on my other PC but somehow i sorted it but so far repeating those steps is not successful

I have seen a thread on this bit it applies to Laptops only

Mg Card is GTX titan and my bios is set to boot from PCIE I have tried switching to GPU but it did not work

I would gladly deactivate from my 2nd PC but cant do it from inside Vegas

2. Is there a way to deactivate from outside the software

I am using the new release of Vegas

Comments

John Lewis wrote on 2/21/2018, 6:37 AM

Thanks i will do that if anyone doesnt have an answe to question 1

Much appreciated

John Lewis wrote on 2/21/2018, 9:53 AM

I have been to my account and i see nothing related to Vegas Pro deactivate i can see the software registration

Does anyone have a link to deactivate

John Lewis wrote on 2/21/2018, 12:51 PM

OK Found it

John Lewis wrote on 2/22/2018, 12:57 AM

Successful deactivation but not the original problem as in post title

John Lewis wrote on 2/22/2018, 1:46 AM

Thanks Nick i should have explained its 1 pc but a caddie system so by 2nd pc i meant 2nd caddie

Reason being 1 caddie has 1 version of another nle and the 2nd a newer version that is the only reason and that is the only difference i dont think that is the reason.

Vp13 works without problems on both caddies

I had this problem initially on my 1st caddie after byuing 15 but after a lot of playing in bios with how system booted up i got it to work and was then able to return bios to its original settings

I have been unable to get it to work this time

I have tried setting bios to boot up using gpu instead of gtx titan which worked last time but not this time

Win 10 on both up to date but at present due to current posible updates to fix the well publicised bug problems.

So basically vegas does not launch as it fails onthis last stage of initialsing

John Lewis wrote on 3/5/2018, 5:09 AM

I think the problem is solved. Failing at the initialize gpu was misleading

I found a thread here aboute renaming the VST

In C:Programme Files,Common i renamed the vstplugins folder to oldvstplugins and Vegas launched

,after loading once i renamed it back removing old and it now works including vst fx

I am now bold

hopefully they have found that some chemical used in frying chips to stop it bubbling has shown hair on mice to grow again , Its true, now to find that chemical 😊😊