Farewell Apologies

BudWzr wrote on 12/30/2009, 5:27 PM
MODERATOR: Please accept my apology, and exercise your judgment about this topic and whether it is further disruptive. Thank you.

When I first stumbled on the forum, I landed in the middle of Perrone's rant.

I misjudged the forum as a typical product forum full of disgruntled users and complainers.

And that was a big mistake.

I didn't realize there really were pros here, and I assumed pros had their own place to kibbitz besides a public forum.

Anyway, I humbly apologize unequivocally for my comments. And I have the utmost admiration for pro editors because they really do make footage into magic.

Sincerely,

Bud Wiser-now

=================================================================
Update:

The kind comments reflect on the quality of you people. You are true gentlemen. As far as subscribing two years ago, apparently Sony links their software purchase data and login name to the forums. My first post was indeed the first time I ever saw this forum.

To those that were more deeply insulted, please feel free to vent on this thread, I deserve it. I owe you that. I'm reading everything out of respect, rather than running away.

Comments

ushere wrote on 12/30/2009, 5:34 PM
well, after that i don't see why you feel you have to leave the party?

i think we all welcome new members, and forgive them their first few 'slips'.

have a good year

leslie
PerroneFord wrote on 12/30/2009, 5:41 PM
And please stop calling me Perry. It's not my name.
apit34356 wrote on 12/30/2009, 5:48 PM
"And please stop calling me Perry. It's not my name. " Ok, how about George! ;-)

Tattoo wrote on 12/30/2009, 5:48 PM
Bud-

I missed the rant thread. There are certainly permanent fanboys & detractors that launch into flames every now & then, but, IMO, this forum is still pretty civilized/unique. When I was searching for a new NLE, the quality of this forum swung me to Vegas (5). IMO, the forum isn't quite as dynamic as it was then, but maybe it's just because I'm not as new. Hopefully you stick around & help it improve. Anyone that is willing to apologize on a forum these days is relatively rare!

Brian
apit34356 wrote on 12/30/2009, 6:02 PM
BudWzr, trying to help is no sin...... it's just a matter organizing the presentation of the material to your crowd. I'm terrible on the keyboard doing postings, but manage most other events/boardrooms/environments well. ;-) And I have a twisted sense of humor, if you lived thru dealing with my Ex's families..... you'll believed that genetic engineered evil is for real! ;-) So, there room in the vegas forum for everyone who wants to improve or help people develop better editing techniques.
DGates wrote on 12/30/2009, 6:03 PM
Bud, you're a moron.

You join the forum over 2 years ago, but don't start posting anything until this month. And you do so like a madman on crack.

I say good riddance. This never was your forum.
farss wrote on 12/30/2009, 6:07 PM
You just earned a lot of brownie points from me. I've had to eat plenty of humble pie myself so don't feel too bad about it.
Now as my good friend Victor Milt ( who I manage to tick off far more than I ever should) would say "Go out and shoot something".

Bob.
musicvid10 wrote on 12/30/2009, 6:07 PM
Sorry, I don't buy into the contriteness.
rs170a wrote on 12/30/2009, 6:25 PM
musicvid, members of this group are generally very tolerant so I think that BudWzr should get a chance to redeem himself.

Mike
gjesion wrote on 12/30/2009, 6:45 PM
Goodbye.

Regards,
Jerry
jrazz wrote on 12/30/2009, 6:53 PM
Wow!? I don't know what this guy said or did, but some of the responses on here are rather harsh. I learned something early in my childhood; if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

Don't hear me wrong, I'm not trying to tell you how to post, post however you like. What I am telling you is that it is good and admirable to treat others how you would like to be treated.

Just some things to think on- take them how you want but understand I meant them with the best intentions.

j razz
DGates wrote on 12/30/2009, 7:00 PM
When he makes 65 posts in one week after only one post two years ago, yeah, I'd say we can call him on out. I have a strong suspicion this is a person who has used another screen name and got booted off the board. We all know who I'm talking about.

apit34356 wrote on 12/30/2009, 7:34 PM
"We all know who I'm talking about." mmmmmm............. good point..... the "B"s seem to have familiar patterns......
musicvid10 wrote on 12/30/2009, 7:37 PM
Mike,
You and I are friends, and I agree with your point of view 99% of the time.

Having barely survived the effects of codependency for the first seventeen years of my life, I can offer the following observations with confidence and dignity:
1) The need for gratification never disappears,
2) The acts of contrition neither explains the behavior, nor prevents its recurrence, because the addict absolutely cannot control or prevent the behavior, and
3) The recruitment and retention of enablers is inimical and essential to continuing the cycle of codependency.

I learned more than forty years ago to avoid these overtures and the trap they present. Don't you dare feel sorry for the addict, he/she will eat you alive! That is because all the good intentions and apologies disappear the moment the addict departs on the next 6 or 15 day binge. All the love on the earth won't change it. Only the addict can do that, and that never happens through displays of contrition. I am only thankful that neither you nor I am sleeping in the same house with one tonight.

God bless, Peace on Earth, and

Happy New Year!
mtntvguy wrote on 12/30/2009, 8:33 PM
Wow, musicvid. Brought back some memories of why I went to boot camp on my 17th birthday. Vietnam was better than the alternative.

By the way... I don't think Sony ties software purchase to this forum. I've used Vegas since 2002, and I just discovered the forum this year.

Anyway,

Happy New Year.
UlfLaursen wrote on 12/30/2009, 8:40 PM
Good luck, and happy new year :-)

/Ulf
CorTed wrote on 12/30/2009, 8:42 PM
FWIW this forum for me has tremendous values given by its members.
People like Farrs , RS170a, ushere, Dgates, apit34356, jrazz, musicvid etc. etc
The beer man certainly came in here thinking he was going to tell us a thing or 2, but it appears he is realizing that the members of this forum are quite knowlegeable and are here to provide a huge service.
The service of providing help and insight to Vegas and general video related questions.
I hope he can start sitting back and learn through this process.
There can be a lot to learn if you only listen!

Thank all of the members for your participation

Happy New Year

Ted
Rob Franks wrote on 12/30/2009, 9:08 PM
"When he makes 65 posts in one week after only one post two years ago, yeah, I'd say we can call him on out. "

You speak for Sony do you? This is your Board?

You have as much right or as little to call another out as they you. You're just another forum member, as I am, As Bud is. Don't let the number of posts, or lack of go to your head. Like it or not, this is a closed board open only to those who own Sony products. Bud being on this board is proof that he owns a Sony product and therefore has as much right as those with 100's of posts and years of forum interaction. If you don't like his posts then it would be up to you to exercise your right not to read them. Don't blame others for YOUR failures.

The term "moron" was used above and aimed at a particular person. After reading your post I wonder if there would be a better place to aim it?
farss wrote on 12/30/2009, 9:24 PM
"Like it or not, this is a closed board open only to those who own Sony products."

Sorry mate but it used to be, not anymore though.

Bob.
Rob Franks wrote on 12/30/2009, 9:47 PM
"Sorry mate but it used to be, not anymore though."

Do I have to register to post to the forums?

This rule is still on the books and as far as I know it still holds true. You can not post on these forums unless you register a Sony product with an active and valid serial number.
Grazie wrote on 12/30/2009, 9:59 PM
Rob? Isn't there a difference between registering a product and registering as a Forum member?

Grazie
Rob Franks wrote on 12/30/2009, 10:21 PM
On the log-in page they give you a choice of either logging-in... or creating an account through the "register" button.

If you click on "register then this is what you see:
=======================================================================
"Register
=======================================================================

So you can join the forums if you wish, customize your forum view...etc. But unless you REGISTER A PRODUCT the forums will be available as read-only and you will not be able to post in any of the sub forums.
Grazie wrote on 12/30/2009, 10:29 PM
Nope, sorry Rob, I don't read it that way at all. In my interpretation those "options" don't appear to be predicated on the need to register a product? And yes, I could be very wrong.

So, would registering a demo/trail do it then? If so then continued Forum involvement would lapse at the expiry of the trial/demo too?

Interesting . . ..

Grazie
Rob Franks wrote on 12/30/2009, 10:51 PM
Read it again:

"* A personalized software page with download links and serial numbers for all the products you've purchased"

Why would they give me a personalized software page for products that i have already purchased if I'm only joining the forums?

Trust me... I'm new here... I just went through the process. When they talk of "registering"... they mean an actual product. I HAD to punch in my serial number in order to "register"

As for trials.. I'm not sure how they work that.