Yet another program for quality metrics visualization -- FFMetrics. It is a FFMpeg GUI, so all calculations are done by FFMpeg.
The program allow you to select analysed files without dealing with command line and calculate metrics in one go. Well, and build shiny graphs of course.
- PSNR, SSIM, VMAF visual quality metrics
- Easy to use UI: drag & drop files from Explorer onto Reference field and Files list or use file choosers
- Processing up to 12 files in one go.
- No limitations on frame size for PSNR/SSIM, Full HD/4K for VMAF
- Per frame graphs can be zoomed in/out with mouse wheel (try it over graph or axes), panned with right mouse button and saved as PNG
- Per frames metrics can be saved as tab-delimited csv files (created aside of source files and named as file.mp4.PSNR.csv), so you can easily open them in Excel
- FFMpeg commands can be saved to log (FFMetrics.log)
- Per file results can be saved to tab-delimited csv file (FFMetrics.Results.csv)
- VMAF model can be selected from UI (4K videos require different model)
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 Runtime. Program should notify if you need to install it.
The framework is already included in Windows 10 1803 and above, but if you use Windows 7 or earlier versions of Windows 10, you may need to download and install it
- FFMpeg.exe. You have to download it from official web site
- VMAF require special FFMpeg's build that supports it (it is supported in stable version 4.3).
In addition, model files must be in sub-folder "vmaf-models" (two most common models are included in archive).
How to use:
- Unpack into a folder
- Put FFMpeg.exe into the program folder or make it available in system %PATH% (The easiest way is to download static build and put ffmpeg.exe directly into the program folder. The best way would is to download shared 64-bit build, unpack it into C:\Program Files\FFMpeg and adjust system %PATH%)
- Run the program
- Use UI to add reference file and processing file(s). You can drag & drop them from Explorer or use Browse.../Add... buttons.
- Click "Start" button
Project page on github (current version version 0.8.5b)