How Do I "Glue" Two Events together on Same Track?

KRyan wrote on 11/19/2009, 4:08 PM
If I split a video event on track 1, then slide the second part backward and cross-fade a bit to join it to the first part, how can I combine the now-two-events back into one file? I use Reaper for audio multi-track stuff, and this is called "glueing" the items in that program.

Thanks!

Ryan

Comments

rs170a wrote on 11/19/2009, 4:24 PM
Click the first event, shift+click the 2nd event and press G to Group them together.

Mike
Chienworks wrote on 11/19/2009, 5:29 PM
Keep in mind also that in almost all editing situations, there is no need to attach them. With ripple edits or post ripple, Vegas will keep them together just the way they are unless you move them separately.
PeterDuke wrote on 11/19/2009, 7:49 PM
Bear in mind that Vegas, along with other video editors, does not actually change the source file(s) when you edit. If you export the result to a new file, of course you will have the edited version in one file, if that is what you really do want. Otherwise just group the bits as has already been suggested.
Ken-Theriot wrote on 10/23/2020, 2:10 PM

I cannot believe I didn't come back and reply to this 11 YEARS AGO! Sheesh :-P. The main reason I asked this was that I need to apply a video effect and often I've trimmed up the video item on the track before I remember to apply the effect. So I'm left with, say, 12 items - much harder to apply effects to those items. "Glueing" items in Reaper basically renders the items on that track in place so you can apply an effect to just one item instead of 12. However, I totally forgot about track effects, which is weird since in Reaper that is my default. Is that the real solution to this? Thanks!

Illusion wrote on 10/23/2020, 2:32 PM

There is the event heal available from the right-click menu. It cannot join different source media but can join clips from the same source.

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core
  • 128GB RAM (4x32GB)
  • Nvidia RTX 2070 8GDDR6
  • 1TB WD Black NVMe M.2 for OS/Prog
  • 1TB WD Black NVMe M.2 for Media
  • 1TB/2TB/4TB SATA3 SSDs for projects/media
  • 4TB WD Red drive for local cache
  • 10TB EXOS Enterprise, 14TB Toshiba drive for local cache
  • 32in 4K main monitor, 24in 1080 second
  • Win 11 Pro
  • 28TB NAS for long term archive storage
  • Sony a6000
  • Sony A7C
  • GoPro Hero 8
  • GoPro Hero 11
  • Sony BRAVIA XR X90J 75" 4K HDR10
  • Nvidia Shield TV Pro media player (GigE wired)
  • JBL Bar 5.1

fred-w wrote on 10/24/2020, 9:11 PM

There is a way not mentioned: Just delete the latter file, pull the length out of the earlier. Or vice versa: delete the first, pull the start of the latter to the left.