its 2020, all of these should be standardised - VEGAS Effects

alifftudm95 wrote on 6/1/2020, 10:24 PM

I'm super excited when VEGAS Creative Software announce that they will releasing 2 new software, VEGAS Effects & VEGAS Image under VEGAS POST (Including VEGAS Pro 17).

I think we all know VE is a rebranded software from Hitfilm Pro, but I feel VE is very-very limited right now compared to Hitfilm Pro.

Here I'm doing argument reality VFX on my phone, but I cant have the layer expand beyond the screen as the 4 point tracked data is tracked inside the screen. Tracking the points by points for this argument reality VFX is a tedious & nuisance method. The proper way is to use 3D Camera tracker so that the object will rotate/tilt base on the phone orientation. VE dont have any 3D tracking camera like Hitfilm Pro (FXHome uses Sonic Foundry 3D Camera Tracker, similar to AE back in the old days)

Will VE have the same 3D camera tracker in the future?

Tutorials for the same VFX but with AE

Centering an object like Plane is super easy, just use the layout panel to reposition/align the object. But not for mask. Surprisingly all Hitfilm Pro software have no ability to realign the mask to center. Idk if VEGAS Creative Software can modify VE or not, even the recent update are base on Hitfilm Pro. The only option I see is the use the gird and trying to guess if it center or not. You can align mask, object, shape & everything in AE. (Or maybe idk the way of doing it?)

Maybe this one is a bit too ambitious, but idk if VE will acquire Mocha for rotoscoping like Hitfilm Pro, maybe the pricing will be diff idk. Might affect the pricing. But all of these features is a must have in a compositor software.

I used to work with After Effects. all of the shortcut, GUI is much more clean & faster compared to VE/Hitfilm Pro. Doing keyframing in VE is kinda tedious, I have open entire layer just to animate certain keyframe. You have dedicated shortcut in AE just to open that specific keyframe timeline which is super handy. But I remembered someone told me its kinda impossible to have that kind of feature/shortcut in Hitfilm Pro as the software will have confusion to read the shortcut key & might interfere with existing key.

The most important stuff, Dynamic Link. Trust me, if VE & VP have this kind of integration, more people will interested with VEGAS POST.

Last changed by alifftudm95

LAPTOP

Dell Inspiron 15 7577 4K 8Bit Screen

CPU: Intel i7 7700HQ

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Max-Q

RAM: 16GB RAM

Storage: 128GB SSD & 1TB HDD

PC DEKSTOP

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 X

GPU: RTX2060 6GB

RAM: 16GB 2666MHZ

Storage: 480GB SSD & 1TB HDD

Comments

lan-mLMC wrote on 6/2/2020, 3:00 AM

Foundry Camera Tracker or Mocha Hitfilm may be allowed to used in Hitfilm brand only.

If want to integrated with Vegas Effects, Maybe Magix or FXHome need to re-sign an agreement with Foundry, BorisFX.

alifftudm95 wrote on 6/2/2020, 5:25 AM

Foundry Camera Tracker or Mocha Hitfilm may be allowed to used in Hitfilm brand only.

If want to integrated with Vegas Effects, Maybe Magix or FXHome need to re-sign an agreement with Foundry, BorisFX.

Then they should consider have this. Whats the point if people make switch from Adobe to VEGAS POST if they only get less function?

Last changed by alifftudm95 on 6/2/2020, 5:25 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

LAPTOP

PC DEKSTOP

fr0sty wrote on 6/3/2020, 1:47 AM

Less in some ways, more in others. Vegas Post can do all that Trapcode Form and particular can, both of which cost hundreds to add to AE.

lenard-p wrote on 6/3/2020, 3:36 AM

Then they should consider have this. Whats the point if people make switch from Adobe to VEGAS POST if they only get less function?

The writing was on the wall when they announced their own planar tracker. If a small company like hitfilm can license a cut down version of Mocha for paid version and $50 for free version so could Magix but instead wasted resources in creating their own, which could never be as good as mocha. It could have been the same with Vegas with Pro having a $50 addon license, and it being free with Post. They wont' change their minds now

alifftudm95 wrote on 6/3/2020, 11:09 AM

Less in some ways, more in others. Vegas Post can do all that Trapcode Form and particular can, both of which cost hundreds to add to AE.

Yea true, but I feel the 3D Camera is very very crucial for VFX editing

LAPTOP

PC DEKSTOP

fr0sty wrote on 6/3/2020, 9:50 PM

I agree, there's some key things that VE needs still, but we're only just now getting started... Since FXHome is responsible for the development of VE, perhaps you might get more traction with your requests on their forums.

lan-mLMC wrote on 6/4/2020, 8:27 PM

Another feature. Hitfilm Pro can load many After Effects' plugins such as VIDEO COPILOT , redgiant and so on.

I think if Vegas Effects transplant this feature, Magix or Hitfilm will maybe not need to re-sign a agreement with plungins company.