.mov deforemes video

Led00 wrote on 11/28/2023, 8:14 AM

Hello, I want to use video with transparent background.

I am attaching a sample so I dont have to explain. First 5 seconds is when I import it as .mp4, and the next five seconds is .mov

Why is that happening and what can I do to keep transparency?

Thank you!

Comments

Former user wrote on 11/28/2023, 9:14 AM

@Led00 Hi, there might be another reason but often aliasing occurs when an image is increased in size, What render aspect size are you rendering at compared to your project size?

PS, that video you shared, how was it made? Some players don't play my .mov very well.

For instance this is how MPC player shows this

but it should look more like this

----------------

😂🤦‍♂️ That png shows on this forum with transparency, I've added a black background

Former user wrote on 11/28/2023, 9:47 AM

This rendered with this option plays fine,

& looks fine when dragged back into Vegas

john_dennis wrote on 11/28/2023, 10:32 AM

@Led00

Place the two files on a cloud share and post the link here.

mark-y wrote on 11/28/2023, 11:12 AM

Try different Alpha settings in your Media Properties --

Led00 wrote on 11/29/2023, 8:14 AM

First of all, thank you for trying to help me, it is nice to see helpful community.

@Former user I dont know how it was made, I got it like this to use it in my project.

@mark-y thanks, something happened, I am attaching a sample (first part is how it should look like, second is mov with different alpha settings).

I am sending both files via WeTransfer, and my question would be how to get the mp4 version like, but with transparency. I just realised that, before, .mov version was not deformed when i would play it on my old PC, but now, every player I have shows it deformed. Is it how it is packed?

https://we.tl/t-zGjpqdTpRm

Former user wrote on 11/29/2023, 8:58 AM

First of all, thank you for trying to help me, it is nice to see helpful community.

@Former user I dont know how it was made, I got it like this to use it in my project.

@Led00 Hi, I downloaded your vids.

The orig is MP4 so there's no alpha, when I added it to the track with chromakey there's a lot of 'noise' around the lines, you seem to have removed the black quite well in the ,mov, so I ignored the orig.

Can you explain how you removed the black from the orig MP4?

Adding your .mov & i changed the alpha to Straight, then rendered with this setting (wrong frame rate but I changed it later to 30p which didn't adversely affect the render)

Yours dragged back in with nothing altered

Mine dragged in with nothing altered

This is how it went

mark-y wrote on 11/29/2023, 10:33 AM

@Led00 Here is how the Media Alpha options look in VP18. To find the Alpha options, right-click on the media or media event and select Properties.

That said, there are better .mov choices with Alpha that have cleaner edges than RLE encoding. Explanation: RLE encoding contains rounding errors, most likely visible as chroma jitter. Let me know what's available in your graphic generator and we can try some suggestions.

john_dennis wrote on 11/29/2023, 10:45 AM

I don't have Quicktime loaded on this machine so I couldn't open your .MOV file. I converted your .MOV file to ProRes 4444XQ using Shutter Encoder.

Here is a rendered result.

mark-y wrote on 11/29/2023, 12:13 PM

Just playing with track compositing.

Led00 wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:42 AM

Once again, thank you all for your effort. I have menaged to recreate your solutions and got to pretty much same results, but the result itself is the problem. If you look at my previous post with video sample once again, you will notice that the behavior of the lines is different in the two samples. The first one (mp4) has lines mostly parallel and their movement is somewhat smooth. Mov version has the same lines, but they look kind of a loose, animation is different. Not sure how is that even possible, but that is my problem. I need it to look and behave the same as mp4, but with transperency.

Thank you all.

Dexcon wrote on 12/1/2023, 5:59 AM

If you want blacks in a video to become transparent, one long existing way to do that in Vegas Pro is to render the intended transparent video to .AVI by the Video for Windows template. Customise the chosen template by changing the 'Video format' field to Uncompressed and checking the 'Render alpha channel ..." (assuming that .mov is a supported codec - that I don't know) and then render. The downside to this is that the resultant uncompressed .avi file is huge - but it does work (caveat - I don't know if it works with .mov media).

Last changed by Dexcon on 12/1/2023, 6:05 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

set wrote on 12/1/2023, 7:09 AM

ProRes HQ can work:

for transparency

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

Former user wrote on 12/1/2023, 7:58 AM

Once again, thank you all for your effort. I have menaged to recreate your solutions and got to pretty much same results, but the result itself is the problem. If you look at my previous post with video sample once again, you will notice that the behavior of the lines is different in the two samples. The first one (mp4) has lines mostly parallel and their movement is somewhat smooth. Mov version has the same lines, but they look kind of a loose, animation is different. Not sure how is that even possible, but that is my problem. I need it to look and behave the same as mp4, but with transperency.

@Led00 I see the difference 👍

How did you remove the black from the orig mp4? when I add Chromakey or any other keying fx I get a lot of noise that's hard to remove.

------------

This is that mp4 with ChromaKey - Black, no adjustments to remove the noise..

Exported as ProRes XQ as I did earlier

Led00 wrote on 12/3/2023, 6:51 AM

So, I went a step back to check something, and found that they sent me two different work versions, that is why the animation is different. Anyway, with that fixed and all your advices, I was able to achieve what I needed. Thank you all and see you next time! :)