Movie Studio Platinum 13 Issues

Noah-Leonard wrote on 3/3/2020, 7:07 PM

Hello,

My last PC recently got bricked, resulting in the loss of my Movie Studio Platinum 13 program. I'm up and running again on Windows 10.

I am trying to figure out how to get this software back on my PC. I am unable to find my registration/activation key but was able to find my original order confirmation email from Sony back in 2015, and the old box that was shipped to me (which again, doesn't have any specific product ID information in or on it).

Does anyone know if there is some way that I can possibly fix this issue and get my software back? I'm beginning to feel frustrated with the situation and just want to know if I'm simply out of luck or not.

Comments

EricLNZ wrote on 3/3/2020, 9:29 PM

Presumably you have the software in its box and originally you activated it with Sony Creative Software. Check that your confirmation email doesn't have the activation key somewhere in it.

The SCS details were transferred to Magix. This should have created an account for you under the email address you used to activate it. Go to your Magix account using that email address https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

There's a forgotten password option if you need it.

Then go to My Products and you should find your MS13 there with the activation key. It's possible the build you can download from there is a later one to that on your disc.

Noah-Leonard wrote on 3/4/2020, 12:30 AM

Presumably you have the software in its box and originally you activated it with Sony Creative Software. Check that your confirmation email doesn't have the activation key somewhere in it.

The SCS details were transferred to Magix. This should have created an account for you under the email address you used to activate it. Go to your Magix account using that email address https://www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/

There's a forgotten password option if you need it.

Then go to My Products and you should find your MS13 there with the activation key. It's possible the build you can download from there is a later one to that on your disc.

The email from 2015 only has an order number, no serial number or product key. When I log into Sony Creatives Software, I can see the order under the "orders" section, but there is nothing listed under "software". When I attempt to view the order, it brings me to Magix, then Magix asks for the serial number, which I don't have.

Originally, I attempted to sign-in on Magix and Vegas with my info from 2015 I had saved. That didn't work; when I tried using my email address to recover the account's password but that didn't work either. I had to create a new account. I used my email that I supposedly used back in 2015 and had no problems (no error saying that the email was already connected to an account).

I just attempted to recover the original account using the link you posted, and that just allowed me to change the new profile that I just created.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/4/2020, 4:14 AM
I just attempted to recover the original account using the link you posted, and that just allowed me to change the new profile that I just created.

It would appear your details weren't transferred over although we were advised they were. My MS12 details appeared no problem. Best contact Support to see if they can help you.

UPDATE Following the link Vkmast gives for Sony in this post https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/missing-vegas-6-0-activation-code--112484/ I was able to log in to my Old Sony Creative Software account and the activation code for my old MS12 is there.

Noah-Leonard wrote on 3/6/2020, 10:39 PM

It would appear your details weren't transferred over although we were advised they were. My MS12 details appeared no problem. Best contact Support to see if they can help you.

UPDATE Following the link Vkmast gives for Sony in this post https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/missing-vegas-6-0-activation-code--112484/ I was able to log in to my Old Sony Creative Software account and the activation code for my old MS12 is there.

As I said, I've already attempted to find the information I need through Sony. All that I've been able to find is the product order number: no serial, product, activation, registration number or anything. This is the same story with Magix and Vegas. I am only getting prompted to provide the information, not given it.

I've tried using the links above, but these are the same web pages that I've been navigating and looking for answers on from the beginning. I just running in circles with these links.

The order number is all that I have. I have the full receipt as proof that I purchased this product, but I'm sensing that it doesn't even matter that I have it.

I'll contact the customer support, but I feel as if I'm wasting my time at this point. Thanks for attempting to assist me.

KenB wrote on 3/7/2020, 12:44 AM

Like EricLNZ, my MS12 software, serial numbers and download links are visible on the old Sony Creative Software site when I login and click on "My Software": https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/myaccount/mysoftware

It's best if you contact support. I found them helpful when I upgraded to VMS 16 and my email server blocked the email containing the serial numbers (due to temporarily misconfigured spam protection). They resent the email to another address for me.

Ken.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/7/2020, 1:27 AM

@Noah-Leonard Strange that we have no problems getting the info from SCS yet you do. Is it possible you originally activated it with another email address?

Noah-Leonard wrote on 3/8/2020, 2:11 PM

Like EricLNZ, my MS12 software, serial numbers and download links are visible on the old Sony Creative Software site when I login and click on "My Software": https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/myaccount/mysoftware

It's best if you contact support. I found them helpful when I upgraded to VMS 16 and my email server blocked the email containing the serial numbers (due to temporarily misconfigured spam protection). They resent the email to another address for me.

Ken.

I used that link and signed in, there is nothing there.

@Noah-Leonard Strange that we have no problems getting the info from SCS yet you do. Is it possible you originally activated it with another email address?

I've checked any email address I may have used. It's not there. I'm only able to find the order confirmation.

I'm just thinking about buying software from another company at this point. I've wasted hours on this so far, support hasn't gotten back to me, and I keep getting referred to help pages that I've seen before and tried to follow without any success. There is nothing more frustrating than typing out an email to support and getting an email filled with website links to help pages.

Again, I do appreciate each of your time spent trying to help me, and I'm sorry if I'm being rude. I'm just about ready to take the cost of new software from another company in the shorts.

VEGAS_EricD wrote on 3/10/2020, 9:10 AM

If you created an account with Sony in the past to activate this serial when they owned the software, your account will be listed in the MAGIX database under the first email you provided when activating the serial number.  Information is provided on our community forum regarding the transfer of serial number data to the MAGIX system.  

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/transfer-of-scs-serial-numbers--104136/