NewBlue Titler Pro 7 - Open FX - not working

StaryKaszub wrote on 2/21/2022, 10:48 AM

I've recently upgraded to Vegas Pro 19. The upgrade includes NewBlue Title Pro 7 video media generator. When I place it on the video track and try to open it nothing happens. Does anyone know why this video media generator shows up in "All Plug-is" tab if it cannot be used?

Interestingly in the "All Plug-ins" tab I see also NewBlue Titler EX - OpenFx - when I place this one and try to open it blank window opens and nothing happens and Vegas freezes - you have to kill it.

I have also Vegas Pro 18 installed on the same machine.

Wieslaw

Comments

StaryKaszub wrote on 2/21/2022, 2:30 PM

I've upgraded Vegas Post 18 to Vegas Post 19 and got serial number for Titler Pro 7. Now it turns out that during installation of the upgrade my Titler Pro 5 was removed from my computer and replace with disfunctional Titler Pro 7. Unfortunatelly I've paid with my own money for Titler Pro 5 and now some mindless installer decided for me that I no longer need it and instead something called Vegas Stream was installed. Looking at Vegas Stream it is something geared toward live streaming or recording live stream - very slim chances that I'll ever will use it in my context. I've got it in Vegas Post 19 upgrade package, but why my Titler Pro 5 was removed?

With the upgrade package I've got also serial number for Newblue Transition 5 Ultimate but there is no trace of it on my computer. I guess installer knows better.

I've managed to reinstall the Titler Pro 5 and I'm not going to mess with all this NewBlue software which has so convoluted activation procedures. Vegas 19 lists Titler Pro 7 plug-in, but opens reinstalled Titler Pro 5 - it just shows that Newblue developers have no clue how to handle multi-version istallation of their product - everything is dumped into one folder. What worse if some other product relies on customized version of the NewBlue product they don't check if you have any other version of NewBlue product - just tragic incompetency.

Photo_G wrote on 2/21/2022, 2:34 PM

@StaryKaszub This is an unfortunate byproduct of the installer routine, which has been discussed in the forums. The installation overwrote Titler Pro 5 with a limited version called "Titler Pro 7 for VEGAS Pro 19".

You can download the installer for Transitions 5 Ultimate from the NewBlue site, install it, and apply your serial number in the NewBlue Application Manager to activate it. Once complete, the new content will be on the Transitions tab in VEGAS Pro 19.

Last changed by Photo_G on 2/21/2022, 2:42 PM, changed a total of 8 times.

VEGAS Pro 19.0 (build 550) on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1586 & i9-10850K CPU @4900 MHz

64GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 SSD, RX 3060XC GPU @ 2000 MHz, w/12GB RAM and v512.15 Game Ready driver

jetdv wrote on 2/22/2022, 1:52 PM

@StaryKaszub did you install "Live 2 Post"? If yes, that includes a very limited Titler Pro 7 that will only import titles made with VEGAS Stream. To get your Titler Pro 5 back, I would reboot, uninstall Live 2 Post, and then reinstall Titler Pro 5.

All versions of Titler Pro install over the previous versions. This simplifies things when you upgrade as the older titles will still work in the newer version of Titler automatically.

Mart.Step wrote on 3/8/2022, 3:58 AM

Hello, have I question. What actually contains NB Live2Post? I was install Vegas Post 19, and NB Live2Post. When I want use NB Title Pro 7, it isn´t work, the button is gray and this Titler don´t open . Is this Titiler Pro  7 from NB only  demo ?, or what version is it, or what si I have problem?

HW is compatible for VEGAS POST for HD videos: i5 10400F 4.3 GHz, GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB, Ram 16GB, SSD

Dexcon wrote on 3/8/2022, 4:28 AM

Although I do not have Vegas Post, my understanding is that NB Live2Post is associated with Vegas Stream -

https://newbluefx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407544059803-Installation-of-VEGAS-Pro-Post-19-Bundle

... as per jetdv's comment above.

And as per jetdv's advice:

To get your Titler Pro 5 back, I would reboot, uninstall Live 2 Post, and then reinstall Titler Pro 5.

You should be able to uninstall Live2Post via Windows Apps & Features.

Unfortunately, different versions of Titler Pro cannot co-exist on the same computer at the same time - the later version is always the dominant version which must be uninstalled in order to get an earlier version to work.

Last changed by Dexcon on 3/8/2022, 4:51 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

StaryKaszub wrote on 3/8/2022, 6:59 AM

Thanks, for all the help with this irritating issue. I've managed to restore Titler Pro 5 - first I've uninstalled Live2Post and then ran again the Titler Pro 5 installer. Now I'm again happy hobbyist making home videos.

jetdv wrote on 3/8/2022, 7:19 AM

Hello, have I question. What actually contains NB Live2Post? I was install Vegas Post 19, and NB Live2Post. When I want use NB Title Pro 7, it isn´t work, the button is gray and this Titler don´t open . Is this Titiler Pro  7 from NB only  demo ?, or what version is it, or what si I have problem?

"Live 2 Post" installs a very limited version of Titler Pro 7 that will allow importing titles from VEGAS Stream. That is all that version of Titler Pro 7 will do. You cannot use it to create new titles. It is strictly for importing from Stream and should only be installed by those that don't already have Titler Pro 7.

Mart.Step wrote on 3/8/2022, 8:45 AM

Thank to jetdv, Dexcon, StaryKaszub for more details. I haven't used Vegas in a long time. Last version 15. Now I'm back to Vegas Post 19. I will uninstall Live2Post and will return to the any older version of Titler Pro (now must i find it somewhere on the older PC). Apparently there is no other way. Thanks.

Jack S wrote on 3/8/2022, 9:31 AM

@Mart.Step If you log into your account at NewBlueFX you should find the products you own. Find the one you want to install and there's an Activations/Downloads option under the Info column.

My system
Genshin Infinity Gaming PC
Motherboard Gigabyte H610M H: m-ATX w/, USB 3.2, 1 x M.2
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Intel Core i7-13700K - 16-Core [8P @ 3.4GHz-5.4GHz / 8E @ 2.50GHz-4.20GHz]
30MB Cache + UHD Graphics, Ultimate OC Compatible
Case Fan 4 x CyberPowerPC Hyperloop 120mm ARGB & PWM Fan Kit
CPU Fan CyberPowerPC Master Liquid LITE 360 ARGB AIO Liquid Cooler, Ultimate OC Compatible
Memory 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5/5200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12, VR Ready, HDMI, DP
System drive 1TB WD Black SN770 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD - 5150MB/s Read & 4900MB/s Write
Storage 2 x 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM
Windows 11 Home (x64)
Monitors
Generic Monitor (PHL 222V8) connected to GeForce RTX 4060 Ti
Generic Monitor (SAMSUNG) connected to iGPU

Camcorder
SONY Handycam HDR-XR550VE

Macula wrote on 3/13/2022, 2:02 PM

"Live 2 Post" installs a very limited version of Titler Pro 7 that will allow importing titles from VEGAS Stream. That is all that version of Titler Pro 7 will do. You cannot use it to create new titles. It is strictly for importing from Stream and should only be installed by those that don't already have Titler Pro 7.

If this is true, I'm so glad I didn't let to be installed, I have got NB TotalFX and was just wondering what is Live2Post and does TotalFX already have it 😅

Photo_G wrote on 3/13/2022, 2:49 PM

@Macula TotalFX will have the full version of Titler Pro 7, so the limited-function Live2Post (Titler Pro) version won't be needed. With the full version, you'll be able to import VEGAS Stream projects and edit the titles easily.

Mart.Step wrote on 3/13/2022, 3:42 PM

to Jack S, Photo_G and others: In the end, however, I uninstalled everything old from NB FX. I cleaned everything and the registers from the PC of NB. After a new purchase NB total FX7 (approx. 70 EUR with MS22), I did a complete installation. Now everything works as it should. Total FX7 runs in Vegas and MS22. I used to start with Sony on VEGAS Pro 9 and it's been a long time. Later on Vegas Pro 15. then some time break, now I return to Vegas Pro 19. Titler Pro 7 is standalone, works on Vegas Pro 19 and Movie Studio 2022.

jetdv wrote on 3/14/2022, 9:42 AM

I have got NB TotalFX and was just wondering what is Live2Post and does TotalFX already have it 😅

If you have TotalFX, you don't need Live2Post. Live2Post is for people who do not own Titler Pro that have created streams with VEGAS Stream and wish to import those streams into VEGAS for further editing. In short, you only need Live2Post if you don't already own Titler Pro. But, if you own an older version of Titler Pro, you may need to updated to Titler Pro 7 in order to properly import from VEGAS Stream.

DONDOMOZ wrote on 5/2/2022, 3:51 PM

I think I have a similar problem with New Blue FX Titler Pro 7, I own the full product and it was installed and working with Vegas 18 when I installed version 19 Post, it still works standalone, and it still works with Vegas 18, but when I call it up from the timeline in Vegas 19, it does not respond completely. It opens a window but it only shows white screen, any help would be welcome...I just tried to open Titler Pro 7 from DaVinci and it works perfectly...

jetdv wrote on 5/3/2022, 7:28 AM

@DONDOMOZ, you may be better off reporting this to support @ newblueinc.com

If it works in 18, it should be working in 19 as well.

Former user wrote on 5/3/2022, 8:46 AM

@DONDOMOZ Hi, try going to C:\Users\yourname \AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\19.0, delete these two files at the bottom of the BIN section, that will make Vegas reload your plugins when you open it next time,

DONDOMOZ wrote on 5/6/2022, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, Gid it did not change anything. Thanks anyway

Elynde wrote on 7/26/2022, 11:22 PM

I think I have a similar problem with New Blue FX Titler Pro 7, I own the full product and it was installed and working with Vegas 18 when I installed version 19 Post, it still works standalone, and it still works with Vegas 18, but when I call it up from the timeline in Vegas 19, it does not respond completely. It opens a window but it only shows white screen, any help would be welcome...I just tried to open Titler Pro 7 from DaVinci and it works perfectly...

Having the same issue here, Dondomoz. I am in the process of working out the problem via a troubleshooting ticket with NewBlue FX (11 emails deep and still troubleshooting). Did you ever find the solution? If not, should I share whatever solution I eventually find?

Reyfox wrote on 7/27/2022, 5:04 AM

When I start TP7 in VP19, I get a big white box. But after a few moments, I get a small window with status showing loading and a message saying "please wait...". Once the loading is complete, TP7 is ready to go in B643.

There have been some problematic issues with Vegas Post that I have read, but not sure if it's working in the Effects Editor or in Vegas Editor.

jetdv wrote on 7/27/2022, 8:42 AM

Having the same issue here, Dondomoz. I am in the process of working out the problem via a troubleshooting ticket with NewBlue FX (11 emails deep and still troubleshooting). Did you ever find the solution? If not, should I share whatever solution I eventually find?

@Elynde, the solution is to uninstall all versions of Titler Pro, Reinstall the version you should be using, and then clear the VEGAS cache. It might even be helpful to do a "clean" install of Titler Pro by deleting any remnants after uninstalling (if there are any). I did not see any tickets with "elynde" so I'd need the ticket number to do more research on that side.

Elynde wrote on 7/28/2022, 1:57 AM

@Elynde, the solution is to uninstall all versions of Titler Pro, Reinstall the version you should be using, and then clear the VEGAS cache. It might even be helpful to do a "clean" install of Titler Pro by deleting any remnants after uninstalling (if there are any). I did not see any tickets with "elynde" so I'd need the ticket number to do more research on that side.

Clean installs were attempted - including clearing Vegas' cache, regedit, and deleting several different folders - to no avail. They even had me uninstall all my plugins to see if there was a conflict there. The problem is repeatable and involves the first launch of Titler Pro in Vegas 19. Subsequent launches work, however, you cannot close the project and return later. Attempts to edit existing titles in the new session result in failed Titler Pro launches and errors that delete or otherwise corrupt the existing titles.

The tech confirmed it is a known issue and attached my ticket to any forthcoming solutions.

Please do note, my ticket with NewBlue FX is not listed under my screen name. Things are being handled, and I will share any solutions given when I receive them.

Gianluca-Mombelli wrote on 7/29/2022, 2:25 PM

I join the problem.
It is very powerful but very slow for every change made and 1 time out of 3 it crashes.
It is frustrating to use it

Reyfox wrote on 7/29/2022, 3:03 PM

@Gianluca-Mombelli what are your computer specs? I have it and it works as it should and while not fastest, it works.

Gianluca-Mombelli wrote on 7/29/2022, 4:39 PM

@Gianluca-Mombelli what are your computer specs? I have it and it works as it should and while not fastest, it works.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.90 GHz - RAM 32GB nvidia GForce RTX 3080 drivers 516.59