No audio FX / Plugins are working

hambonio wrote on 8/20/2023, 6:49 PM

Trying to use VP 20 this week after a fresh windows install due to a new motherboard. I am having no luck with adjusting any FX I apply to either the audio clips or audio tracks in my project. I have tried Track EQ. Even twisted it to extreme lengths and no setting affect the output. I have tried the panning FX. Going right and left but nothing is affecting the output. Tried a few other FX . They load on the clip or timeline just fine and you can adjust settings, but nothing is affecting output.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 8/21/2023, 7:38 AM

Trying to use VP 20 this week after a fresh windows install due to a new motherboard.

When re-installing Windows, did you elect to do a clean install (i.e reformat the C: drive and not save any files) or do a 'save' of existing documents etc? If the latter, maybe that has upset Vegas Pro in some way. Try resetting Vegas Pro back to its default (factory) settings using the process outlined here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

rraud wrote on 8/21/2023, 9:27 AM

Hi @hambonio, Is "Bypass all audio FX" enabled in the 'Options' menu (or toolbar icon).

hambonio wrote on 8/21/2023, 1:14 PM

Trying to use VP 20 this week after a fresh windows install due to a new motherboard.

When re-installing Windows, did you elect to do a clean install (i.e reformat the C: drive and not save any files) or do a 'save' of existing documents etc? If the latter, maybe that has upset Vegas Pro in some way. Try resetting Vegas Pro back to its default (factory) settings using the process outlined here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/faq-how-can-i-reset-vegas-pro-to-default-settings--104646/

The re-install was 100% from scratch. I wanted to make sure everything installed was native to the new motherboard.

Hi @hambonio, Is "Bypass all audio FX" enabled in the 'Options' menu (or toolbar icon).

I could be blind frantically looking for that option. Were exactly is it located?

jetdv wrote on 8/21/2023, 2:08 PM

hambonio wrote on 8/21/2023, 2:17 PM

Thank you for the screenshot. It is definitely not checked. I will try the settings reset. I did a lot of my own tweaking, I hope I can remember how I had it set up!

hambonio wrote on 8/21/2023, 2:29 PM

I just did settings reset with no change. It did keep my keybindings as I set them before. Not sure if this is suppose to rest as well. Other settings seem reset.

EDIT: No this did not help fix the issue. I am using Acronis to back up to my freshest windows install from last week and see if that fixes something.

hambonio wrote on 8/21/2023, 3:36 PM

I used Acronis to revert to my fresh windows installation from 8-16 and the audio plugins now seem to work. I have done nothing inside of Vegas since I created this backup. All my own settings tweaks came before this. Yesterday was the first time using it as I had a wedding on Saturday to start working on. So... good news is it works... but still don't know what the real issue was. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to share as I have a feeling this might happen again.