If VEGAS Pro is behaving strangely you can try resetting it to the default settings. You may also wish to do this in order to reconfigure VEGAS from scratch.
If you have worked hard on configuring personalised settings then back up your C: drive before you do this so you can restore them if this doesn't help.
Reset as follows:
- Close VEGAS Pro
- Press CTRL+SHIFT on your keyboard while double-clicking the program's shortcut icon on the desktop to launch it *.
- You should see a window that asks "Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?"
- Place a checkmark next to "Delete all cached application data" and then click "Yes".
- For older products, continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully loaded.
* - Note that you will not see the "Delete all cached application data" box if you open the program from the Windows Start Menu or programs list.
More help with resetting VEGAS to default settings is available here.