OT: A New Arrival :D

FrigidNDEditing wrote on 11/1/2008, 3:17 PM
The long awaited day arrived and my wife gave birth to our first baby (a boy) who's pictures are below. His name is Aaron, weighed in at 8 lbs. 10 oz., measured 20.3 inches long, and peed on me within the first minute of being out of the womb.

I know it's off topic, but I just have to share a bit (can't keep it all pent up inside here or I'll just plain burst).

Dave

Comments

tcbetka wrote on 11/1/2008, 3:46 PM
Very nice! Congratulations to both of you. Man he's brand spanking new, by the looks of it!

But a fine use for a digital camcorder, if I do say so myself--though you'd better lay down the law a bit, as he's already sticking out his tongue and peeing on you. Things can only deteriorate from there, it seems. (Seeing that picture though, reminds me of how much I don't miss delivering babies. God Bless OB/GYN's!)

And I hope mom is doing well.

TB
Grazie wrote on 11/1/2008, 4:19 PM
Congratulations Dave and Mrs Dave!!!

Grazie
JohnnyRoy wrote on 11/1/2008, 4:26 PM
Congratulations !!!

You need to teach him to wipe his feet a the door. ;-)

~jr
rmack350 wrote on 11/1/2008, 6:43 PM
WOW! Definitely a big day. Was he born today or yesterday? Guess he'll get candy for his future birthdays either way.

Rob
Jeff_Smith wrote on 11/1/2008, 6:45 PM
awesome, congratulations
blink3times wrote on 11/1/2008, 6:49 PM
It's an amazing time in one's life!

Congrats!
TheHappyFriar wrote on 11/1/2008, 7:33 PM
great news! Now you have something new to make vid's about! :D
apit34356 wrote on 11/1/2008, 7:54 PM
Congratulations to both of you! Love Aaron's tongue response to the new dad with the camera! ;-) And just love the initialization to being a parent within a minute! ;-) Aaron has an altitude towards parental authority, your parents must have laugh their butts off! ;-)
craftech wrote on 11/1/2008, 8:17 PM
Cool looking kid. Congrats to both of you.

John
kairosmatt wrote on 11/1/2008, 8:24 PM
Ohhh, a Halloween baby!

Congrats!

And watch out for all that candy........

kairosmatt
dibbkd wrote on 11/1/2008, 8:36 PM
Congrats Dave! That's awesome, expected a video of it from you though instead of pics! :)
richard-courtney wrote on 11/1/2008, 8:39 PM
Congrats to you and rest of your family!!!!

I love the second photo, along with your surprise, he is already making
a statement on life.

May you will have many years of joy with your son!
riredale wrote on 11/1/2008, 9:08 PM
Congratulations. A wonderful time of year to be born. Your life will change in a million ways. The whole "Circle of Life" thing.
PeterWright wrote on 11/1/2008, 9:19 PM
Many congratulations Dave. If you thought life was already interesting, just wait !

As a matter of interest, what are the black soles for - is that some kind of footprint test?

Peter

FrigidNDEditing wrote on 11/1/2008, 9:49 PM
Thanks everyone.

He was born on 10-29-08 at 9:23p

Peter, the black soles are for getting his footprints ( standard here in the states ).

Here are a couple more after I did some post work to them.

and for all you halloween folks out there

Dave
jrazz wrote on 11/1/2008, 10:16 PM
Congrat's Dave!

I got a picture of his father with his tongue out too! Like father like son... but who knew it would be so early?

Dave, how much would you pay me to not post that picture? :)

j razz
GlennChan wrote on 11/1/2008, 10:20 PM
Congratulations!!!

But uh... now there is going to be a little Dave running around. And pooping his diapers. And unlike Vegas, it doesn't come with a manual and you can't uninstall. Good luck with that. :D
ushere wrote on 11/2/2008, 12:03 AM
congrats, etc., but be warned, there's no firmware upgrades at present, software needs training, but the size of wetwear storage is mind-boggling....

leslie
Jim H wrote on 11/2/2008, 12:29 AM
These OT posts are most welcome...congrats...and I see Mom already had the Halloween jammies ready to go.. it never ends... enjoy.
FrigidNDEditing wrote on 11/2/2008, 3:28 AM
alright jeremy, you got me... what'll it take :P

I have all these pretty pictures on here, but I should have gotten some with the projectile vomiting little Aaron just did to my chest this morning :)

well, back to get a few zzzzz's

Dave
rs170a wrote on 11/2/2008, 5:28 AM
well, back to get a few zzzzz's

Sorry but that's something you'd better get used to not getting a lot of - at least for the next 6 months or so :-)

I still remember the moment the doctor said to my wife and I "you have a girl".
I always used to think babies were ugly until I saw her and discovered she was the most beautiful baby in the world.
Sincere congratulations to you and your wife as you embark on a new and exciting adventure that will change daily.
As others have said, there are no instruction manuals.
Every "user" will have their own opinion but this is one task you'll have to figure out for yourself.
Every baby is different and what works for one will NOT work for another.

I'll offer the advice I give to every new set of parents I know and that is to keep a journal. It doesn't have to be updated daily but, as you notice Aaron doing or (eventually) saying something new, write it down.
I guarantee it will be something you will come to treasure more than pictures or video.

Mike
randy-stewart wrote on 11/2/2008, 7:52 AM
Great shots Dave. Don't forget the video...I see lots of home video in your future. Congrats and enjoy every moment. Before you know it, their all grown and out on their own.
Randy
UlfLaursen wrote on 11/2/2008, 8:34 AM
Congratulations, Dave! :-)

Wait a few weeks before you introduce the litle guy to Vegas ;-)

/Ulf
fldave wrote on 11/2/2008, 9:17 AM
Congratulations to you all!