OT: BluRay Hub Printable Discs

jrazz wrote on 1/2/2011, 4:03 PM
I have been using Verbatim but these are not printable. For DVD I use Taiyo Yuden Watershield and for CD I use ProDisc. Now that the price has come down for hub printable BluRay discs I would like to purchase a spindle but I want to make sure I get my money's worth.

Any thoughts on quality BluRay media? From what I can gather Taiyo Yuden does not make BluRay discs (or if they do no one sells them). This is the only mention of BluRay I found on their site: "2008.02.19

j razz

Comments

DGates wrote on 1/2/2011, 6:25 PM
I've just started using Ridata hub-printables that I get from Newegg. Reviews are good, as is the price.

Now we just have to wait another year to finally see WaterShields for Blu-ray.
psg wrote on 1/2/2011, 8:17 PM
There are not many BluRay printable discs. I ended up buying Verbatim printable blurays. I've only burned 5 or 6 of them so far, but no coasters.
NickHope wrote on 1/2/2011, 9:26 PM
I use Verbatim printable Blu-rays. Bought a tub in early 1999 from APR Media. I've had no problems with them and they print nicely.

Edit: But they're not hub-printable. Just printable.
LReavis wrote on 1/2/2011, 9:39 PM
I just bought 50 of these - $1 each, free shipping:

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/optical-quantum-bd-r-25gb-4x-white-inkjet-hub-printable-blu-ray-recordable-single-layer-media-oqvbdr04wip-h-10-10pk

I've burned 2, and they play perfectly well even on my cheap player in the living room. However, they do not play on my friend's old BD player, so they perhaps are only compatible with newer players.
PeterDuke wrote on 1/3/2011, 1:43 AM
The Verbatim full (wide) printable only seems to come as single (part no. 43668) or box of 10 (part no. 43669), complete with cases. The best price I found for the box of 10 is about $30 Australian.
bsuratt wrote on 1/3/2011, 8:18 AM
I've been using Kodak brand from Megamediamall.com with great success. They are marked with the Phillips name on the hub so I presume that is the actual manufacturer. Full hub printable and 1.49 ea
mvpvideos2007 wrote on 1/5/2011, 11:36 AM
Have you had many of the Kodaks not play?
bsuratt wrote on 1/5/2011, 12:52 PM
I've burned about 30 of the Kodaks on an LG burner with no problems. (These were distributed to many users ie many different players... no complaints)
ScheffFrog wrote on 1/6/2011, 5:36 AM
SMART IMPORTS Blu-Ray disk link. I have purchased these a couple of times now and they work just fine! Plus they are HUB Printable. I use them mostly for Data saves... however I am about to burn copies of a movie I just directed and filmed, Push Came to Shove, that will go into distribution sometime after February. I am anxious to watch the production in Blu Ray quality.

Frogger.
mvpvideos2007 wrote on 1/6/2011, 7:30 AM
Good to hear. I might try them. The verbatims I love, but are so darn expensive!