OT Desperately Seeking

Spot|DSE wrote on 2/5/2009, 10:47 PM
A recording of a band called "Business and Industry" from about 1990-1998. They had a micro-hit called "precious soul" if memory serves.
Nothing in ASCAP filings, nothing in the Copyright archives.
With all the old-school musicians in here...hoped someone might remember. I'll pay good money for the recording on cassette, CD, LP in virtually any shape.
I'll deal with the publishing once I find the music.
Lyrics, if it helps anyone recall:
"[I]...One must make a final stand....It's not that easy....If you were down and out, I would lend you my HELPING hand, it might prove too much for ONE I'd gladly ease your pain.....I'd take you, out from under...take you somewhere you could REST YOUR PRECIOUS SOUL.....I'd make you wonder.[/I]
Help a brother out?

Comments

musicvid10 wrote on 2/5/2009, 11:09 PM
I hit the big flea markets regularly, and am always cruising the CD stacks for some of my old favs. I'll keep my eyes open. In the meantime, could I interest you in something by Freddy Fender? I see lots of those out there ;?)
jabloomf1230 wrote on 2/6/2009, 8:33 AM
I could be mixed up on this, but long ago I worked as a DJ at radio station. I do vaguely remember the band, but the only guy that I can think of from it is Ian Eskelin. He had a CD out a few years ago, but he now does production work (or so his website says). Maybe his MySpace page might help you out:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=177840337
johnmeyer wrote on 2/6/2009, 8:40 AM
I did a little research and the only reference I found was in a skydivers forum when someone died a few years ago, and someone used these lyrics as a tribute. Golly ...

I'll keep looking to see if I can help out.
winrockpost wrote on 2/6/2009, 4:57 PM
Thanks a lot spot,, was doin some boring work and saw your post,
think i was detective in my previous life........but failed on this investigation

good luck hope you find it
NickHope wrote on 2/6/2009, 8:00 PM
Spot, you may well have done this already, but have you tried contacting the poster "SkymonkeyONE" here?

http://www.dropzone.com/forum/Community_C7/Blue_Skies_-_In_Memory_Of_F48/Blue_Skies,_Black_Death_(Roger_Nelson)_P512157/
johnmeyer wrote on 2/6/2009, 8:58 PM
Yeah, that's the site where I saw the lyrics. A very sad occasion which I hope is not the reason behind Spot's inquiry.
Spot|DSE wrote on 2/6/2009, 9:45 PM
That's exactly the reason for the inquiry...Chasing whatever leads I can find, as time is growing short.
Way OT; in skydiving, we lose 25-30 people in the US a year, virtually all of them sport skydivers (not tandems) and the rare military death.
JackW wrote on 2/6/2009, 10:17 PM
Spot, I've contacted every musician I know in the Seattle area and my son, who managed bands during the '90s, and no one has ever heard of the band you're looking for. Sorry.

Jack
johnmeyer wrote on 2/6/2009, 10:58 PM
That same person posted again:

Goodbye Beezy

and in that post said the song was recorded around 1987, if that helps.
Klymer wrote on 2/7/2009, 10:37 AM
A highschool buddy got me hooked on a radio show called Crap From the Past
http://www.crapfromthepast.com
(BTW, I really love the DOS feel of the website)
There are about a decade of archives of the show complete with song and artist info on their site. Additionally, the host of the show really loves the obscure and hard to find songs. Maybe they can be of some assistance. I hope this helps.
John Kapusta
musicvid10 wrote on 2/7/2009, 3:25 PM
Spent the afternoon at the flea market and Wax Trax, but no luck. I remember the release announcement because I was a working musician at the time, but no one at Wax Trax can find it. Maybe someone else will get lucky.