Comments

john_dennis wrote on 11/22/2017, 9:06 AM

"... the video has already been rendered and I don't have the damaged project

So, I am just asking, why did that happen?"

My knee-jerk response to your question is "excrement transpires". Based on the dearth of data that you're willing or able to present that would help us help you with your problem, I'm forced to give you my stock techno-philosophical answer to all such questions. I learned it from Donald Rumsfeld.

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know."   

PeterDuke wrote on 11/22/2017, 5:21 PM

Video usually has some background noise. Was there absolute silence at that point and only that point? Can you graft the "wat" back into the audio, using Vegas or an audio editor? The latter would involve demux and remux of audio and video. If not, do it all again and don't delete your project before you check your work thoroughly. Project files are small and worth saving until you are absolutely sure that you will never need them again.

As to why it happened, is like asking how long is a piece of string. It shouldn't have happened and doesn't normally happen, so the cause must be obscure (one of very many unlikely events). Don't overlook a possible editing mistake on your part.

SimonGhoul wrote on 11/22/2017, 10:11 PM

Video usually has some background noise. Was there absolute silence at that point and only that point? Can you graft the "wat" back into the audio, using Vegas or an audio editor? The latter would involve demux and remux of audio and video. If not, do it all again and don't delete your project before you check your work thoroughly. Project files are small and worth saving until you are absolutely sure that you will never need them again.

As to why it happened, is like asking how long is a piece of string. It shouldn't have happened and doesn't normally happen, so the cause must be obscure (one of very many unlikely events). Don't overlook a possible editing mistake on your part.

(If I bothered saving them, I would have like 10 of them or I dunno and most of them trash, specially because they are uncoverable because I wrote over them not deleted, so well, that's why I can't, and 10 might be small file size but it would still be a mess)
It wasn't a mistake too, I am sure the wat went higher than the background music, only possible mistake that could had been made is accidental deletion of it, something that happened to me frequently for grouping things the wrong way

SimonGhoul wrote on 11/22/2017, 10:16 PM

"... the video has already been rendered and I don't have the damaged project

So, I am just asking, why did that happen?"

My knee-jerk response to your question is "excrement transpires". Based on the dearth of data that you're willing or able to present that would help us help you with your problem, I'm forced to give you my stock techno-philosophical answer to all such questions. I learned it from Donald Rumsfeld.

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know."   

I guess then I can just reword it then
One of my audio clips had not been rendered within the project, it might be because I deleted it myself accidently or a bug, I guess it's a bug but I don't know why did that bug happen

(What gives me the idea of the bug is that this happened when previewing the video too, this one I am sure of but it always got fixed by just restarting vegas or making the track solo/mute, or just forgetting about it and going back to it later)