ProType Titler : want to change preset for a text?

Seb538 wrote on 6/23/2016, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Everytime I create a new text from a preset I have to configure the span and text block properties. Double clicking on a preset in the collection insert a new text arial white. I was wondering if there was a way to assign a animation preset to an existing text keeping his span and text block properties ?

Seb

Comments

john_dennis wrote on 6/23/2016, 1:01 PM
I haven't found a way to change to a different preset while keeping the customized text properties, but you can save custom presets from each of the four starter presets. Then you would only have to customize the text properties once per preset.
Rory Cooper wrote on 6/27/2016, 5:51 AM
When you say span are you asking time span?
So for example I use pop up but I want the time span to extend and start at a marker and complete the sequence at another marker
Then you have to first select the overall time and in Titler = match event length icon which you already have set up markers for.
Then slide your header play in PTT to the marker time so the in out of the text matches.

I am busy with a project clip so I will quickly make a new project add text for a visual . check the end for images

BTW Vegas does not have match marker in PTT we have asked in the past but nudda nothing = you can’t get everything you want so we still happy BUT IT WOULD BE NICE.

Seb538 wrote on 6/27/2016, 9:22 AM
Hi,

Thank you guys. By Span I mean the look : Font family, size, style ...

I'll send the animation preset assignment to an existing text as a feature request.

Seb.

Rory Cooper wrote on 6/28/2016, 1:24 AM
Ok Seb

just save it as a preset in Vegas generated media preset = color and type face ect will be part of PTT media gen preset

the specifics of the text itself like animation etc will be saved as PTT collections