Comments

john_dennis wrote on 6/10/2014, 6:18 PM
Early in my experience with the HD4000 on-die video adapter from intel I found the functionality in Vegas Pro profoundly influenced by video drivers.

My first experience here.

Have you updated (or downgraded) your video driver? I'm not where I could tell you which one I use at the moment, but the last time I did a test of QuickSync, it worked.
john_dennis wrote on 6/10/2014, 9:10 PM
At home:

I was unable to render to Quick Sync Quality. It just never got started and I had to kill Vegas Pro in the Task Manager.

Quick Sync Speed rendered to completion. For a 107 second video, it took 193 seconds.

"Automatic" rendered to completion. For a 107 second video, it took 193 seconds.

"CPU Only" rendered to completion. For a 107 second video, it took 178 seconds.

In my case the i7-3770k is faster for this codec so my heart isn't broken. That may not be the case for others with different CPUs.

This driver version was 10.18.10.3496

I downloaded and installed driver 10.18.10. 3621 but it didn't fix the Quick Sync Quality render issue.
wwaag wrote on 6/11/2014, 9:52 AM
My findings on a similar system are the same. I never could get QuickSync quality to work. I also found no speed advantage of using QuickSync Speed over CPU only. Here is a link to a previous post of mine with some of the numbers http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?ForumID=4&MessageID=872603 Given the possible "quality" hits with GPU acceleration for rendering that have been discussed in other threads, the prudent thing is probably to stay with CPU only rendering.

wwaag

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

T Reynolds wrote on 6/11/2014, 2:23 PM
Thanks for all your help, I just use either the CPU or GPU to render,or leave ivegas in auto mode.
T Reynolds wrote on 6/26/2014, 2:19 AM
Hi TERENCE,

Thank you for contacting Sony Creative Software. The Intel Quick Sync Quality hang issue is known to development and they are looking into it for a future update of the software. At this time, it is recommended that you use the Speed option, or just CPU only. You will not see any quality issues if you choose one of those options.

If you still have a follow-up question on this particular incident, please feel free to update it. If you have a completely different question, please create a new incident.

Sincerely,

Travis G.
Customer Service
Sony Creative Software Inc
www.sonycreativesoftware.com