Reporting bugs in Vegas Pro 18 to Magix

Comments

Debbie-Whitmer wrote on 8/14/2020, 1:27 PM

@VEGASPascal - Yes, I do have a ASUS Rog motherboard in my Windows Pro 10 PC. I looked at my programs under the start menu and I have two programs called "Sonic Radar" and "Sonic Studio 3" but nothing there that is called "The Sonic Suite" unless that is the Sonic Suite application. I didn't even know I had these two things installed and I never use them. It must of been installed along with the software that came with the motherboard (my husband builds computers and he's built all of my computers for years). Since I don't need them, I went to uninstall them in the "Control Panel" under "Programs and Features" and they are no where to be found. So, I'm thinking, "What???" So, I looked in the start menu in Windows to see these two applications had an uninstaller but they do not. So, I can't even uninstall those two applications. But at any rate, all things remain the same with Vegas Pro 18. It's still not fixed.

VEGASPascal wrote on 8/14/2020, 7:19 AM

@Debbie-Whitmer I found something which sounds like your problem. Do you have an ASUS Rog machine like @set with the same issue. The Sonic Suite application that comes with the system causes this issue.

https://github.com/dotnet/wpf/issues/707#issuecomment-650240866

Debbie-Whitmer wrote on 8/14/2020, 1:32 PM

@VEGASPascal - I answered this in a message below this one with an attachment that goes with it.

Are you able to see the "NahimicOSD.dll" on your system?

Please start the "Windows Power Shell" and run the command

[system.diagnostics.process]::GetCurrentProcess().Modules | where { $_.modulename -match “NahimicOSD.dll”}

@Debbie-Whitmer Are you able to see the "NahimicOSD.dll" on your system?

Please start the "Windows Power Shell" and run the command

[system.diagnostics.process]::GetCurrentProcess().Modules | where { $_.modulename -match “NahimicOSD.dll”}

VEGASPascal wrote on 8/14/2020, 2:06 PM

The command in Power Shell is

but you answered my question. The problem is the Sonic application for VEGAS and some other programs and games. It is a known bug for Asus and Microsoft.

Debbie-Whitmer wrote on 8/14/2020, 3:07 PM

@VEGASPascal - I'm not exactly sure what I need to do according to your answer but there are 2 issues here that were talked about.

1. The NahimicOSD.dll file. You saw my snapshot on this that is was not recognized as a cmdlet, function, scripture file, or operable program....etc. However, when I used File Explorer and did a search on this .dll file, I found it in the C:/ProgramData\A-Volute\A-Volute.28054DF1F58B4..... (I can't see the whole thing because of the ellipsis). I'm not familiar with this .dll file but I was reading up on it. One of its uses, among many, is for browser extensions so my browser may be using it; I do not know. What am I supposed to do with this file? Just leave it alone or delete it?

2. I found out later that I can remove these two Sonic programs that I have "Sonic Radar 3" and "Sonic Studio 3" in the start up window by just right-clicking them and there is an uninstall option there in the drop-down menu. I never use or don't need these programs. So, are you saying that these programs are a known bug in Vegas and I should delete both of them? Waiting for your reply. Thank you.

VEGASPascal wrote on 8/14/2020, 3:06 PM

The command in Power Shell is

but you answered my question. The problem is the Sonic application for VEGAS and some other programs and games. It is a known bug for Asus and Microsoft.

set wrote on 8/14/2020, 5:19 PM

Yep, I got these too on my ROG system...

I wonder if these application that causes a fluctuating volume issue last year too when using speaker - and by current condition, when playing a full-screen game, a volume really goes extremely low!

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107483-GL504GS-Scar-strix-II-audio-issue&highlight=Fluctuating+volume

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107024-GL504GM-built-in-speaker-volume-fluctuating-loud-soft&highlight=Fluctuating+volume

Setiawan Kartawidjaja
Bandung, West Java, Indonesia (UTC+7 Time Area)

Personal FB | Personal IG | Personal YT Channel
Chungs Video FB | Chungs Video IG | Chungs Video YT Channel
Personal Portfolios YouTube Playlist
Pond5 page: My Stock Footage of Bandung city

System 5-2021:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))
RAM: 32.0 GB
Drive OS: SSD 240GB
Drive Working: NVMe 1TB
Drive Storage: 4TB+2TB

System 2-2018:
ASUS ROG Strix Hero II GL504GM Gaming Laptop
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 8750H CPU @2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Video Card 1: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2111)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM (Driver Version 537.58)
RAM: 16GB
Storage: M.2 NVMe PCIe 256GB SSD & 2.5" 5400rpm 1TB SSHD

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

Debbie-Whitmer wrote on 8/14/2020, 7:01 PM

@set and @VEGASPascal - Good news!! Guest what?!?!  @set since you mentioned the programs "Sonic Radar 3" and "Sonic Studio 3" just now, which I also have on my system, going through all of this testing for the distortion in the list of plugins in Vegas Pro 18, which has not been fixed yet, the process I went through to try to fix it ended up fixing  another problem I had in Vegas Pro 18!!  And the other problem I was having was a black screen on my 2nd monitor when choosing "Video Preview On External Monitor".   It works perfectly in Vegas Pro 17 but not in Vegas Pro 18.  So, here's what happened:

@VEGASPascal suggested that I update my AMD driver and he said to use the “Pro Software For Enterprise” version.  When I updated, it was actually an older version  20.4.2 compared to what I originally had.  I had the "optional choice" installed on my computer of v. 20.8.1.  When I updated to the older version of 20.4.2, it made my system run really slow and scroll bars were freezing up etc.  So, I went ahead and updated back to my original version of 20.8.1.  After that, I decided to uninstall those two programs "Sonic Radar 3" and "Sonic Studio 3" off of my system as @VEGASPascal had mentioned them previously.  Then, when I executed Vegas Pro 18, I wanted to try the external monitor again and THIS TIME, IT WORKED!!  I was so surprised!! Yay!! I think it was these two aforementioned programs that I uninstalled were the very thing that made my external monitor not work since @VEGASPascal said they were known to cause issues.  There was another person here who said they had the same problem with a black screen on their external monitor too when using Vegas Pro 18.  But now, that’s been fixed for me!  Thank you for this suggestion @VEGASPascal of removing those programs. And @set the timing you mentioned about these two programs couldn't have come at a better time! THANK YOU!!

Bofus wrote on 8/14/2020, 7:23 PM

I'm getting the run-a-around for the same distortion issues from support. They say use 1600 x 900 resolution that does nothing to fix the issue. One would think that an NVidia 2080 graphics card would be supported...

set wrote on 8/15/2020, 12:27 AM

My God... so how Sonic Radar 3 and Sonic Studio 3 affecting the display too? I thought they were just for sound-related thing?

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

System 5-2021:
Video Card1: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Driver 31.0.101.2127 (Feb 1 2024 Release date))
Video Card2: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (Driver Version 551.23 Studio Driver (Jan 24 2024 Release Date))

System 2-2018:

* I don't work for VEGAS Creative Software Team. I'm just Voluntary Moderator in this forum.

Debbie-Whitmer wrote on 8/15/2020, 3:03 PM

My God... so how Sonic Radar 3 and Sonic Studio 3 affecting the display too? I thought they were just for sound-related thing?

@set and @VEGASPascal - I'm still trying to test more to see if by deleting these two programs "Sonic Radar 3" and "Sonic Studio 3" has also corrected my distortion problem on the plugin listings on the left-side of the screen in Vegas Pro 18 as well. If it does, I will report it here. I really appreciate everyone's assistance who has been on this thread for this particular problem.

Bofus wrote on 8/15/2020, 3:21 PM

Another area in the interface where this bug arises:

Debbie-Whitmer wrote on 8/15/2020, 8:45 PM

Another area in the interface where this bug arises:

@Bofus - Oh, I know how you feel, and it is frustrating. (1) I had the same exact problem with the distortions/weird pictures bleeding through the plugins listings and even during rendering as you have shown here. I think you have a different Video card than I do, yours Nvidia and mine a Radeon RX 580 Series. (2) I also had another problem with a black screen while using the preview window for my extended dual monitor which I use all the time. My extended dual monitor works perfectly with Vegas Pro 17 but not 18. Fortunately, for me, both of those problems have now been resolved by the kindness of @VEGASPascal telling me that two programs that I have on my system that came with my motherboard called “Sonic Radar 3" and "Sonic Studio 3" were known problems that interfered with Vegas. These two programs are just audio programs (one for recording and the other one an audio player). I never used them and, in fact, didn’t even know they were on my system. So I uninstalled them and after that, all these problems were resolved!! You may have a similar problem. But with your particular system, I hope someone can help you with this. (3) I actually had a 3rd problem with Vegas Pro 18 where the ZOOM plugin that came with NewBlueFX plugins would NOT drag and drop from the pictured icon onto a video on the video track like it’s supposed to just like all the other plugins. I contacted NewBlueFX and with the help of them and also with another person here in the forum, we found 4 different work-a rounds which work. NewBlueFX did not know this was a problem and they said they would report it. I hope someone helps you with your particular computer system that you have so you can get on with Videoing! Best of wishes!

CC: @set

set wrote on 9/9/2020, 3:17 AM

Very late experiment 😅

Finally have a chance to safely remove that Sonic Radar 3 and Sonic Studio 3 from my ASUS ROG (make system image also to ensure... and just in case if something goes wrong!), and finally... not happening anymore!

Now can enjoy the interface tool without being 'interrupted'

AND, previously the full screen game audio is also going very low sound volume... after I remove it... the sound 'restored'... gosh.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

System 5-2021:

System 2-2018:

Debbie-Whitmer wrote on 9/9/2020, 4:35 AM

Very late experiment 😅

Finally have a chance to safely remove that Sonic Radar 3 and Sonic Studio 3 from my ASUS ROG (make system image also to ensure... and just in case if something goes wrong!), and finally... not happening anymore!

Now can enjoy the interface tool without being 'interrupted'

AND, previously the full screen game audio is also going very low sound volume... after I remove it... the sound 'restored'... gosh.

@set - I'm glad you can enjoy the interface tool without being interrupted!

To be honest with you, every since I installed Vegas Pro 18 on my system, it's not been the same since. For example, I still have Vegas Pro 17 installed because of the many glitches inside of Vegas Pro 18 and it's not wise to remove Vegas Pro 17 yet due to many weekly projects. But with updating drivers, removing the Sonic programs, and what have you in any other fixes I could do, now it is affecting Vegas Pro 17. I never had trouble with rendering but now when I go to render, it will invariably stop rendering at any given percentage finished. And even rebooting is not working. I have to shut my computer all the way off and bring back up for Vegas Pro 17 to go through the entire rendering process. This has been frustrating because on one project I was working on, it stopped rendering at 98% completed and then just stuck there. So, I uninstalled Vegas Pro 17 and reinstalled it but it's still doing the same thing. I have many programs on my system and everything was working perfectly until I installed Vegas Pro 18; that's when the trouble began. I don't know when they are coming out with an update but I see that they have extended their sale, right now, on Vegas Pro 18 until later September so I suspect it will be a while before an update comes out. And even when an update comes out, I don't know if it will fix any of my problems. I do have a backup for my main programs but not everything is installed and it's such a laborious and time consuming job having to install other programs and then configure them.

set wrote on 9/9/2020, 5:05 AM

it stopped rendering at 98% completed and then just stuck there.

Few times happening to me... but restarting fixes on my case..., along with set Dynamic RAM to 0....

But if still happened, I opted to render part by part or 'heavy part' to Magix Intermediate. Not a direct and permanent solution anyway...

Hope other members have other suggestion according to this issue...

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

System 5-2021:

System 2-2018: