So has the blank preview window issue been resolved for you?

megabit wrote on 6/4/2017, 3:50 AM

I've become so disappointed with Vegas performance that I switched over to Resolve with not just grading/cc-ing, but editing as well. From time to time (with each new build, or even new nVidia driver) I'd open Vegas Pro just to check whether at least the preview window is working - still no joy: if I have my GTX 1080 configured to accelerate T/L, the only way to see the picture is to fire up my Samsung and watch it though my Decklink.... How is it even possible that Magix didn't solve this issue by now?!! Just as an interesting (but also confusing) fact: the preview works OK with VP 13...

Piotr

Last changed by megabit

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP2933  | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Comments

NickHope wrote on 6/4/2017, 4:40 AM

What Nvidia driver version are you using now?

megabit wrote on 6/4/2017, 4:54 AM

It's 381.89, Nick - but does it really matter? As I said, my preview window went black several months ago after I installed the second GTX 1080 for my Resolve computational purposes (which accelerated Resolve significantly, so I'd never take it out)... Unbelievable that on the same hardware, VP 13 still works properly and the T/L is (slightly) faster with my GTX in Video Preferences than with CPU only - why not the VP 14?!!!

Piotr

PS. Just thought it would be important to add that my VP 13 is the Magix build, too - not the last Sony's one. So it it should behave exactly like the VP 14 does - could it be that while spoiling VP 13 (e.g. limiting AC-3 support we had from Sony), Magix forgot to ruin the playback engine somehow? Lol

Last changed by megabit on 6/5/2017, 2:01 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP2933  | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

NickHope wrote on 6/4/2017, 5:12 AM

The driver version usually matters with these kind of issues. For example there was a whole spate of issues with 378.XX drivers a couple of months ago (with other Nvidia cards). However the fact that you had the same problem with 376.33 and now 381.89 indicates it's something else.

Are you on the latest build 252? Did you make a support request and what was the outcome?

Unfortunately there has been almost no discussion about the GTX 1080 on the forum apart from this thread. Seems like almost nobody is using one with Vegas. If anyone else is, please make yourselves known!

Jam_One wrote on 6/4/2017, 10:26 AM

So has the blank preview window issue been resolved for you?

No, it hasn't been *fully* resolved for me.

Last changed by Jam_One on 6/4/2017, 10:27 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 7 Ultimate | Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz | nVidia GTX 760 4GB * 2

SSD | 32 GB RAM | No Swap file | No Overclock | GPU-in-CPU OFF

t.A.T.u. F.o.R.e.V.e.R.!