Three cheers for Bob (farss)

entilza72 wrote on 5/8/2010, 12:23 AM
All too often, online communities only have a handful of people who breathe life into them. The rest of us come and go and contribute where we can, and when we need.

I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge my appreciation for the great contribution Bob (farss) has made to his fellow users here.

There have been times when I've been stuck trying to find a way out of a situation, only to have Bob sail in with a timely suggestion that of course always saves the day. His experience is widely acknowledged here, and he always takes the time to help. And he's polite too! ;-)

So three cheers for Bob - thankyou for your assistance in the past, and the future!

Cheers,
Jason

Comments

megabit wrote on 5/8/2010, 1:01 AM
I second that wholeheartedly - Bob has helped me out so many times; my first serious Vegas project would have been much harder without him.

You are so right in saying most of us (myself included) only come and go when we need... Bob can always be counted on!

Piotr

AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP2933  | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Mahesh wrote on 5/8/2010, 1:42 AM
I 'third' that. Bob has been an inspiration on this forum.
Grazie wrote on 5/8/2010, 1:53 AM
oh you guys, get a room . . . plah-eease . . .

Bob, you is fit and well hard!

Grazie
ushere wrote on 5/8/2010, 2:36 AM
but i have a great advantage, he's only a mobile call away......

and the poor bugger regularly get's one.

and i'd be buggered without him on the other end - this forum is bloody marvellous, but it isn't instant!

good on ya mate!!!!
craftech wrote on 5/8/2010, 3:35 AM
What Bob does comes from the heart. A fantastic human being.

John
farss wrote on 5/8/2010, 4:45 AM
For once I'm lost for words.
One simple notion from my younger days has stayed with me,
"Do unto others.....'. So many from here have helped and inspired me it only seems fair to pay it forward.

Bob.
apit34356 wrote on 5/8/2010, 7:04 AM
Bob is a good guy! With Bob, grazie, JR, Jet l-) , Dave, John Cline...... and many more who give their time freely to help others on this forum make it a great place to be part of!

"Do unto others.....'. mmmmm ... "before they 'do' others and you in!" is more the Hollywood spin ;-)

A cold pint and Cheers to BOB!
monoparadox wrote on 5/8/2010, 7:15 AM
Bob is a wonderful resource -- enlightening and knowledgeable. Thanks, and I join the group hug.
gpsmikey wrote on 5/8/2010, 7:27 AM
I too would like to thank Bob and the other regulars here that provide the much needed sanity and help on a regular basis. :-) Even if their help is not immediately obvious, it is amazing how many times I will search the forum for the answer to a particular problem and there is Bob or one of the other regulars with the correct answer. Thanks guys !!

mikey
CorTed wrote on 5/8/2010, 7:42 AM
Bob to me is the number ONE contributor to this forum. He has a keen understanding of the Vegas software, and video editing in general.
What I really like about him is his true and open responses, he is not one of those fanboys who will only talk about how great Vegas is. and will discuss its problems and drawbacks in a true gentleman fashion.
Like many here I have learned a thing or two over the years from him and I enjoy his posts.
He has posted close to 19000 great posts, which I think may be a record for one person.
Three cheers for Bob. To me you are the Chief of this forum!!

Ted
earthrisers wrote on 5/8/2010, 7:42 AM
Just adding my two cents to the Appreciation-Fest for Bob and also for the others mentioned in messages slightly upstream of mine.

-Ernie in California
PeterWright wrote on 5/8/2010, 7:52 AM
For me the thing that makes Bob special is that time and time again he puts himself out to help others.

Apart from just Vegas issues, two and a half years ago he offered to get a "group" discount for any Aussie souls thinking of buying an EX1 camera, and I was one who benefited, even though I'm on the far side of Oz, further away from Bob than London is from Moscow!

'on yer Bob.

Peter
rmack350 wrote on 5/8/2010, 11:35 AM
From now on I can call Bob "Hizoner". Definitely rates as the Mayor of the forum. Helps everyone and is right 90% of the time ;-)

DOG PILE!

Rob
John_Cline wrote on 5/8/2010, 11:59 AM
Who is this farss of which you all speak? :)

(Congratulations, Bob, on this sudden upswell of appreciation. It's well deserved.)
Jeff_Smith wrote on 5/8/2010, 7:05 PM
True that. a while back after enjoying a few adult beverages I composed a forum post titled vegas forum all-stars crediting many of the folks who have offered so much of their time and useful information. In the end I did not post it being concerned that I would leave some folks out and it seemed too gushy. Thanks Bob!
farss wrote on 5/8/2010, 8:41 PM
Again, thanks for all the kind words, ever so much appreciated.

I'll take that bow.

I'd like to thank everyone for their tolerance over the years. Not everything I've had to say has been correct or well considered. I hope I haven't led too many up the garden path.

Bob.

UlfLaursen wrote on 5/8/2010, 9:49 PM
Sure thing - I have had a lot of help from you too, Bob!! :-)

/Ulf
NickHope wrote on 5/8/2010, 10:03 PM
Hear hear! Bob, you rock. Thanks for all the help mate.
The Kid wrote on 5/8/2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks Bob you have helped me a lot as well
Serena wrote on 5/9/2010, 12:05 AM
And I thought this was Mothers' Day! Good on you Bob.
ingvarai wrote on 5/9/2010, 5:19 AM
I liked this community from day one, when I started using Vegas two years ago. The maturity, the overall calm and professional tone was something new, compared with other forums on the Internet.
Especially the willingness and patience when helping absolute newcomers was very welcome.
I have got help from many here, and Bob spent much time helping me in the beginning. So I join everyone in applauding this!
Ingvar
CClub wrote on 5/9/2010, 6:00 AM
Another fan here. Bob guided me through the process of purchasing some great equipment when new to audio.
vicmilt wrote on 5/11/2010, 1:40 PM
Thanks Bob - I too have benefited and appreciated your input on a host of issues, from the strictly technical to the totally mundane.
Always useful info!

v
farss wrote on 5/11/2010, 3:12 PM
Thanks for the kind words Victor. I have to say you've done a lot for my health. Just getting out there and shooting something has probably added a decade to my life expectancy. I still suck at it but the exercise is doing me good.

BTW, you were right to be nervous about putting a Beachtek under a 5/7D. I hit a snag with this combo yesterday. The Beachtek is in a plastic box. Put a 5D with a heavy lens on top of the box and a pan causes the camera to wobble in the vertical axis, not good.

Bob.