Comments

ChristoC wrote on 12/2/2013, 3:35 PM
No need to purchase; just install on new PC then use old Serial Number to authorize.
Seems you can install & authorize your software on as many PCs as you like; but just use one at a time!
trishtrash wrote on 12/3/2013, 7:31 PM
I downloaded 5.2 from this web site... when I opened the program... it asked for the serial number... said it was invalid.
Should I load the original 5.0 disc... then enter that original serial number... then download the 5.2 upgrade?
THANKS!
Steven Myers wrote on 12/3/2013, 9:54 PM
Don't worry about the old disc. But yes, use the old serial number.
ChristoC wrote on 12/3/2013, 10:19 PM
Far as I know a serial number for CDA5.0 will work for CDA5.2
Have you checked that serial number in "My Account" (presuming you registered the original)?
trishtrash wrote on 12/7/2013, 11:38 AM
Still not having any luck...
I originally purchased 5.0... at some point I upgraded to 5.2.
Now I am trying to get 5.2 onto a new system.
I just tried downloading the program from "My Account". Under "My Account", it is registered under the 5.0 original regristration number. When I open the new 5.2 download (on the new system) it asks for the reg number, I enter that original number and it says it's invalid.
I noticed the upgraded 5.2 program on the old system has a different reg number. I tried entering that into the new system and it says it is also invalid. (Why did the reg number change when 5.0 was upgraded to 5.2 in the old system?) Is that my problem? That "new" reg number does not appear anywhere under "My Account".
Anyway... both numbers are "invalid". And I still can't get 5.2 into this new system.
Thanks again for your advice.
Chienworks wrote on 12/7/2013, 7:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that 5.0 and 5.2 are different versions, and that 5.2 is an upgrade from 5.0, not an update. Only updates of the same version are free and use the same serial number. Upgrades are paid purchases and require a new license and serial number.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 12/9/2013, 4:54 AM
Surely lodging a query with Support would get it sorted one way or another ?

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/custserv

geoff