Comments

PeterDuke wrote on 11/4/2011, 8:16 PM
I can load a version 9 project into version 11 without crashing (or any other problems that I can see). Try loading your 8 project into 9 and do a SaveAs, and see if that loads into 11.

Try turning off GPU processing. Some people seem to have trouble if that is enabled.
Arthur.S wrote on 11/5/2011, 5:38 AM
Have been opening V9e projects in V11 without problems.
gwailo wrote on 11/5/2011, 6:51 AM
just open both v8 and v11 at the same time and copy paste all events
MomentsVideos wrote on 11/5/2011, 9:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I shouldn't have to copy and past events, and this might not even copy things like audio envelopes etc.

If you installed a new version of MS Word and then had to copy stuff from old versions, would you be happy with that?

I didn't update to Vegas 9 because the non-realtime audio stuff was very buggy amongst other issues. Then Vegas 10 wouldn't open my Vegas 8 files. Now Vegas 11 won't either.

Sony, have really dropped the ball here.
NickHope wrote on 11/5/2011, 11:50 PM
I can open any of my Vegas 8 projects in Vegas 10. Some of them are very big, complex projects. They contain mostly DV or HDV plus .wav, .jpg, .png, generated media, lots of Sony FX.

Sounds like there is something peculiar or specific to your projects or setup. What type of media do you have in your projects? Also, any 3rd party plugins?
MomentsVideos wrote on 11/7/2011, 6:55 AM
My projects would mainly have MXF files (exported from the Sony EX1 camera using the Clip Browser software). I would also have WMA files (from Olympus voice recorders), MP3, WAV also.

As for 3rd party, I don't really use anything apart from Excalibur and Pluraleyes, which aren't plugins as such, they are only used to synch audio and perform other actions with the events.

Former user wrote on 11/7/2011, 7:57 AM
Can you open the projects in 9? If so, why not open them in 9 then save as from there (maybe with "ver_9x" appended to the filename) then try to open that file in 11...

Jim
MomentsVideos wrote on 11/8/2011, 3:45 AM
I'll try that, good idea. I'll just have to make sure I always have the installers for Vegas 8 and Vegas 9 going forward.

Thanks

John
MomentsVideos wrote on 11/11/2011, 3:16 AM
Still have the problem if I open the Vegas 8 file with Vegas 9 and then try this with vegas 11.