I very much like the new storyboard.
It makes the creation of a rough cut very fast.
But, during working with it I found some issues:
1. the mediamanager and the storyboard cannot show more than 100 clips at a time. When you look at the storyboard on a big screen where 200 clips could be shown, only 100 clips from the bottom of the screen show the correct thumbnails. All others show the file icon. When you hover over one of these clips the correct thumbnails are shown, while other thubnails disappear. When you move the mouse away the lower 100 thumbnails are restablished and the others deleted.
2. After working with the storyboard some time (5 to 10 minutes) I always get the error message: "There is an error with the Undo-Buffer. Please save your project and close the application." (The message is in German, the translation may be not correct)
3. When you hover over thumbnails and select in and out-points with the mouse, the pre-window shows the frame the mouse is on correctly. This is nice. But this only works for the main storyboard. If you create additional storyboards the pre-view does not work. This is not good as the thumbnails are still too small to see details.
4. Thumbnails are still too small. Especially on high resolution screens. 2 to 3 times the size would be nice.
5. When openning a VP15 project with more than one timeline, the storyboard behaves crasy. Clips that are added on the timeline at the start of the timeline are shown at the end of the storybors (with the correct time, but the wrong sequence)
6. It is a nice feature that the thumbnail keeps the last frame the mouse hovered over. This makes it very easy to change the frame in the thumbnail. But it also makes it easy to change thumbnails unintentionally while moving with the mouse to a clip in the middle of the screen. It would be nice to be able to switch off the "hovering" by presseng e.g. the "SHIFT" key. or vice versa.
7. To play back the storyboard you have to click on the "Play"-button with the mouse. It would be nice to be able to use the keyboard e.g. the spacebar to start and stop playing tghe storyboard.
So, this is all for now. But in general I like this feature and I hope it will evolve in the future.
(update: corrected some typos)